NCFS Woodturners Club Meeting

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Hello All,

We would like to welcome turners to visit our growing woodturning club in Eastern NC. We meet on the first Saturday of each month from 10 - 12. This month we have an exciting special announcement and some big things to discuss ahead of the upcoming American Association of Woodturners Symposium in Raleigh! We will also show images from our recent Foreign Study Immersion in Ireland. We will share a few tales about touring the Irish countryside, our private class with my friend, Master Woodturner, Glenn Lucas and talk a little about the time we spent at Trinity College while touring Dublin. As we always do, we will share and critique our recent turnings and talk new tools, tips, and techniques. Free gourmet coffee will be provided (as always) by our friends at Lanoca gourmet roasters.

this month's meeting is being held at a special location, just under a 1 hour drive from Raleigh!

NCFS Woodturners Club
June 1, 2019
10:00am - 12:00pm
DeVisconti Fine Art & Event Center
3732-A West Wilson St.
Farmville, NC

looking forward to seeing some new faces!

Last edited:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Stuart, I'd love to attend this but unfortunately I'm on-call for work this weekend and this location is too far for me to venture away from the Durham area. Does this Woodturning club meet in the Eastern part of the state every month? How do I find out where the meetings are? If I happened to be able to join the meeting one month, I'd love to come out to see what they're all about and meet some other turners and get some inspiration! Thanks for the invite!

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Stuart, I'd love to attend this but unfortunately I'm on-call for work this weekend and this location is too far for me to venture away from the Durham area. Does this Woodturning club meet in the Eastern part of the state every month? How do I find out where the meetings are? If I happened to be able to join the meeting one month, I'd love to come out to see what they're all about and meet some other turners and get some inspiration! Thanks for the invite!

Hi Michael, we'd enjoy having you sometime! We do meet the first Saturday of every month from 10 - 12. We are the only club in the state with 8 completely equipped full size lathe stations and 12 mini/midi stations - so our meetings are turning-focused in a way that gets our members to try new things and work through problems and challenges together. We are open to anyone that wants to attend!

The meetings are typically held at the North Carolina Furniture School. This one is a special meeting so we are having it at the DeVisconti Art & Event Center to accommodate seating for a slide show and forum discussion. It is a comfortable gallery venue connected to the ECU glass blowing studio.

We have quite a few folks that come from the Triangle area for the meetings so perhaps you could carpool with one or a few of them if you decide to come, I'll be happy to connect you.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS