My shop's a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
but I don't have to go far to get anything.

IMG_2904.JPG

IMG_2903.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

IMG_29071.JPG

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
It doesn't look too bad, a little like organized clutter. Organized clutter is an oxymoron isn't it, kind of like giant shrimp:rotflm:.

Jimmy:)

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Mike those parts bins look familar...if they came from where I think they did I think that they are infested with SCMS disease (Steve Coles Messy Shop Disease),:gar-Bi Since he got rid of them look how neat his shop has become. :toothy9:

Doug

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
At least all of your tools aren't crammed into a storage container. :roll: I would absolutely love to walk into "my shop" and look around at the clutter and smile. You've got it VERY good. :icon_thum

Trent

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Yep.

I really like them, I keep all my boxes of screws and bolts in there.

When ever I need a screw or bolt I buy a whole box, then I have them the next time I need the same size. Has saved me lots of time and many trips to town.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Trent,

For ten years all this stuff was stacked in my barn with chicken poop all over it. When I finally built my shop (that took over a year working mostly alone) I had to refurbish all of the tools. I may have it good but I worked my butt off to get it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh. Just mean it wasn't easy, took lots of time and had to keep at it a little at a time.

Do the best you can with what you have and you'll have a lot more than you think.

Glennbear

Glenn
Not much different from my current shop condition , however your are obviously a true master of Cardboard Box Stacking 101 ! :rotflm:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
But you need Steve's magic claw over the TS. :wsmile:
When I saw his sled hoist, I couldn't help but think how much stuff I could get on it before raising it. :widea: :eek: :wink_smil
It's funny how the light selection and placement always seems to show everyone's primary interest.
Looks like a tasty wood selection and the web strap is a great idea.

Very nice! :icon_thum (Just my opinion, but I'm right. :mrgreen:)

alleng

New User
allen
your tablesaw/workbench resembles mine. i dont know what i would do without it. when i work on the truck,it serves well as a parts rack

Glennbear

Glenn
your tablesaw/workbench resembles mine. i dont know what i would do without it. when i work on the truck,it serves well as a parts rack

Your comment inspired me to hunt down a tool glossary I posted a while back which included the definition of a table saw:

TABLE SAW: Expensive storage surface used to store unfinished projects in garages of want-to-be cabinetmakers. Called a saw only because when turned on, it will cut and clear all contents off the table and scatter them across the garage.

:gar-La;

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Yep.

I really like them, I keep all my boxes of screws and bolts in there.

When ever I need a screw or bolt I buy a whole box, then I have them the next time I need the same size. Has saved me lots of time and many trips to town.
Glad that worked out for you

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh. Just mean it wasn't easy, took lots of time and had to keep at it a little at a time.

Do the best you can with what you have and you'll have a lot more than you think.

No offense taken Mike. It is actually very inspiring to know that some of us really have to work to get their shop up an running. :icon_thum

macdaddy

New User
Steve
At least your shop looks like it gets a lot of use. There is no sense in having a shop if you don't make a mess in it from time to time.:wwink:

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Mike,
If you bring that band saw over to my shop you will have a lot more room! You shop looks like it did the last time I saw it. Good job
Jim in Mayberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS