My newest (and best) pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

02ranger

New User
Matthew
OK, I posted on here a while back with a couple pictures of my first attempts at making pens. They turned out pretty good, but there were some flaws. I took the constructive criticism and tried to follow it. I've made several wooden pens that turned out really well, but this is my first acrylic pen. It is also my first real cigar pen. I'm extremely pleased with it. I found some Parker gel ink refills to put in it, and they work great. Overall, I really love this pen. The only thing I'm mildly disappointed with is that the tube shows through the blank. I should have painted the tube white, then it probably wouldn't have shown through. I guess I'll know next time.

I have to confess that it wasn't all me. My dad helped me a good bit, so it is really our best pen. I'm still really proud of it. Any advice is welcome as always.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I could not have done it any better. You did MOST of the work. I am proud of this [strike]attempt[/strike] Success. I can't wait until we try another one tomorrow:icon_thum:thumbs_up:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job Matt. :icon_thum I agree with Tracy that you should enter in the calendar contest.

02ranger

New User
Matthew
I have every intention of entering it in the contest, I just have to do some work on the picture today to get it the right format. I should have it entered by the end of the night. Thanks for the kind words.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Awosome job. Pens and turning is one of things I have not attempted yet, and I admire thoses who can do it well. Congrats and good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors