My first box

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
Two months ago my wife and I lost our second daughter to an extremely rare lung disease. She was 27 days old. This was, and still is, by far the toughest time of mine and my wife's life. I turned to the shop to help heal and cope. I decided to make a "keepsake" box to keep our daughters things in. I thought I would post some photos of the box. It is now home to the few things we have to remember her by.
CSC_0288.JPG

View image in gallery

The black sides are red oak that were ebonized with steel wool/vinegar solution. The rest of the box is poplar. Everything has been coated with about 6 layers of amber shellac.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Ricky,

I am deeply sorry for your loss, but I'm glad that you could spend some time in the shop to help cope. The box is beautiful. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Sincerely,

Trent Mason

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I can't imagine anything more heart breaking to go through.
I imagine that was truly a labor of love. Awesome work!
We will certainly lift your family up in prayer.

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
Rickey,
I rarely post but you got my attention. I live in Conover and we lost an infant as well. The box is beautiful, what a great idea. I am an old novice but am doing a good bit of turning. If you wish to check out my deal, give me a call.

Doug Vinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS