Mobile multi-functional shop utility convertible fliptop miter saw/ sander stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Awesome Stand Bas - but you I couldn't help but notice you are replying to multiple folks in one post - Your never going to catch up to DaveO that way :eusa_naug - Take a lesson from Dave - one reply post per person it's one of Daves tricks to boost his post count. Personally I think you should be credited for at least 10 instead of 4 in this thread alone :gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I see a problem with your pictures. There is not any sawdust on the floor. Are you sure you really did build that?:nah:
That's the point! With the miter saw out of the way, I don't have any more sawdust problems :rolf:

Actually, you're right, I didn't build it. Harbor Freight is selling them for $9.95 with coupon - better hurry. This is the secret unadvertised coupon, just bring the cabinet to the register, pull your right ear while winking and making a "mooo" sound. That's how you get the discount :)

Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Personally I think you should be credited for at least 10 instead of 4 in this thread alone :gar-La;
I completely agree. I'll have to think up some valid reasons to reply to my own posting later this weekend. :XXcompute

(OK, that's enough for now.... :crossedlips:)

Chuck Seehuetter

New User
Chuck
That is a great looking multi-stand Bas. I've seen plans for one some place on line and want to build one for the rough cut 10" CMS and Ridgid combo sander. Do you have plans or a link to them?

Also are these the casters you used ? http://www.grizzly.com/products/H0693

Of course it would be better if your cheap consultation offer extended down here to Panama City, Fl. Wouldn't you like to spend a few days at Panama City Beach? It would be worth room and board for a few days :gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'm afraid this stand is an Original, I didn't build it from any plans. I Frankensteined several different ideas into one, e.g. the sandwich from the rotating platform idea came from a gentlemen called pconroy (the link to his site no longer functions), and the idea for the axle from Monty. But, I'll take credit for the idea to lower the platform so that the miter saw bed is flush with the top, and the extension wings.

The casters you listed are the ones I should have gotten. Instead, I went with the bolt variety, which are just a little harder to install. The picture for the one you install with screws doesn't include a brake, that threw me off and I ordered the wrong part....But it all worked out.

I'd be happy to take some measurements, but the cabinet needs to be customized to your saw and sander of course. I'd be happy to provide you with all the measurements. Panama City Beach sounds wonderful, but unfortunately, I'm not licensed to consult in the State of Florida. But thanks for the offer :)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good looking stand, Bas. I'd have to get a better miter saw to do one, though. It seems I'd be twirling that thing around like a windmill to do a picture frame & get it fitted 'just so'. Maybe 2 tools not so apt to be used simultaneously would be better for me, like a miter saw & lunchbox planer - or a bench grinder. I'm takin' notes!

b4man

New User
Barbara
Bas,
I'm seeing a cyberwoodworking class/project forming here and you are the best one to teach it.
I'll bet Chuck would enroll too and probably others.
You can start with telling us how to measure our specific cabinet and then on to a material list, etc. Just think of the post increase you'll accrue and we can benefit from all your good looks, charming personality and extreme intelligence! What do ya say???:gar-Bi

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
You know, that's a great idea. All the flattery aside :)cool:), I like the idea of a remote learning class, I haven't seen anything like that yet. Not for woodworking anyway. I think that is often the missing part. We learn about certain techniques & joinery from a book or online video, and see plans for something in a magazine, but what you'd normally learn in a hands-on class is absent.

Of course, this means I have to remember what I actually did :eek: But that shouldn't be too difficult. Let me get some measurements together, and we'll get crackin'!

Who knows, maybe we can make this a regular NCWW thing. Although the irony would be wonderful, a locally oriented web site doing cyberclasses... :gar-Bi

b4man

New User
Barbara
I have been thinking on asking someone to do this for a while. With all the newby woodworkers here and even those of us who have been around we all can learn something. I am quite serious about doing this and excited that it might become a reality. Get crackin'!:icon_chee

M

McRabbet

And here is the ultimate Remote Learning model.

fliptop_Bas.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
:rolf:
Me, learn? Listen, maybe. Learn - ha! Nice photoshopping there, and I haven't had such a great tan since I was 3 years old :)

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
BAS, I was thinking about making one of these but after reading your posts again I had a better idea.
:widea:
Since you weren't totally happy with this "prototype", I'll take that one, and you can make the desired modifications on the next!
Both our problems solved!! :thumbs_up

Sawdud

New User
Chris Beasley
Hey Bas. Great way to be creative and solve your problem. Dust is my enemy too. So tell us, What new tool did you have to buy to complete this project?:wink_smil

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS