Mobile Base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatmike

New User
Mike
I ordered a Grizzly G7315 - Super Heavy-Duty Mobile Base the other day. I checked the box for no back order. I got a note from them yesterday. It is out of stock and not expected until Sept. I need a good mobile base for a table saw before then. Please offer some ideas or advice. I am open to suggestions. Thanks

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I ordered a Grizzly G7315 - Super Heavy-Duty Mobile Base the other day. I checked the box for no back order. I got a note from them yesterday. It is out of stock and not expected until Sept. I need a good mobile base for a table saw before then. Please offer some ideas or advice. I am open to suggestions. Thanks

Rockler.com has a mobilebase discounted %50 and I believe free shipping.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21960&filter=Rockler Outlet

Its a delta base For $49.99

Good Luck!

Matt

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Mike

I have been using this universal base under my Zipcode saw and my jointer for a couple of years now and they are great! Rolls effortlessly.:wsmile:

http://www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=145488&FamilyID=5114

(Just cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to your required size and bolt on the casters. Size it match your base requirements.)

They have gone up in price quite a bit though. (Got mine for about $40):elvis:

The base from Rockler in Matt's reply looks like pretty good deal as well, if it will accommodate your saw.

HTH

Wayne

RSM

New User
Ryan
I'll second Canuck on that base from Woodcraft. I've got two of them. Had my tablesaw on one for a couple of years-now my planer, and a 6" jointer on the other. They both work quite well, just a scrap of 3/4" plywood and you are good to go. Woodcraft has a $10 off coupon right now as well (look in the "Found for sale/hot deals forum").

Good luck.

-Ryan

tatmike

New User
Mike
Thanks Matt for the suggestion, but that base is too small for my table saw. I am considering HTC - 3000 and the Woodcraft. Does anyone have any experience with the Shop Fox D2057?

bwat

New User
Bill
Don't forget the Shop Fox version (probably same as Grizzly?). I have one on a Jet tablesaw and am very satisfied. I believe The Source in Mooresville has them with a NCWW discount.:icon_thum

Bryan S

Bryan
Mike

I have been using this universal base under my Zipcode saw and my jointer for a couple of years now and they are great! Rolls effortlessly.:wsmile:

http://www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=145488&FamilyID=5114

(Just cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to your required size and bolt on the casters. Size it match your base requirements.)

They have gone up in price quite a bit though. (Got mine for about $40):elvis:

The base from Rockler in Matt's reply looks like pretty good deal as well, if it will accommodate your saw.

HTH

Wayne

I have one like this for the jointer and it works great. It may be a bit more than some of the others but you cut the ply whatever size you need

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris

What are the dimensions you need - i.e. the outer spacing of the saw feet? I have a delta mobile base from my jointer which I no longer need. Probably won't fit, but I'm willing to go measure it :>

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Does anyone have any experience with the Shop Fox D2057?

I have three Shop Fox D2057's - tablesaw, jointer, and band saw. I've had them for five years and they do the job quite well. They're not the smoothest rollers I've ever seen but they seem well built and have given me no problems. I would buy them again.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS