Miter saw blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I am currently using a Dewalt miter saw blade on my Hitachi SCMS. I want to upgrade but I am not sure of brand, no. of teeth, etc. I wonder if I can ask the good people of this wonderful woodworking community to help me with a blade choice. Thanks in advance for rendering a much sought after opinion.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I'm a big fan of Freud blades. :wsmile:

# of teeth will depend on what you're doing with it.

Glennbear

Glenn
Like Reggie I am partial to Freud blades. I have a 50T TK blade with the ICE coating on my RAS and have been quite pleased with the performance and it did not break the bank. :wsmile:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I recommend a high tooth count as it will be used for cross cuts. 60-80 tooth should do you well. I have been using a Freud Avanti 80 ATB blade and have been very happy with it. Another thing I would recommend is to get a full kerf blade for your mitersaw. The reduction in kerf using a thin-kerf blade doesn't overweight the flex potential. You'll get much truer cuts from a FK blade.

Dave:)

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I will also vote for Freud although I have a DeWalt blade on my table saw that is a close copy of a Freud I have and works well. I also like negative hook angle for RAS especially and also for CMS. I would think a slider would need it nearly as much as a RAS. The negative hook helps to avoid it agressively feeding itself to the point of stalling. I also like full kerf blades. I think the grind makes more difference on power than the thickness.

Jim

M

McRabbet

If you really want a superb blade, get a Freud LU85R012 Ultimate Cutoff blade. They're not cheap (currently ~ $125 on Amazon.com; I got mine there for about $70 on a special), but it cuts like butter...

sawman

New User
Albert
Like Rob stated, LU-85, the best cut off blade.
I bought a 10 inch for my previous mitre box, took it off prior to selling, an use it on the table saw, strictly for cross cuts.
Smooooth.

Later,
Albert :saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS