Mississippi Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingspyder

New User
Scott
Finished the Mississippi jewelry box for my girlfriend. Cut from a block of Poplar. I used a piano hinge and magnet clasp. Lindseed oil finish. 4 section removable tray. Pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• CAGHCXO3.jpg
    CAGHCXO3.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 136
  • CAZ6EXVB.jpg
    CAZ6EXVB.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 154
  • CAQFEFQT.jpg
    CAQFEFQT.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 159

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I love it! That is a really cool concept, and you're making that Poplar look really nice.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

That is really cool :icon_thum and a very unique I idea. Make a box of every state, take em to the fair, I think you would make a killing. I also like that QS oak the mississippi box is sitting on, dig those ray flakes :drunken_s

sediener

New User
Steve
Looks great, next one you should have the inner tray sections follow county lines or major geographic areas.

- Steve

sawman

New User
Albert
Scott,
That is very nice work. What kind of band saw do you own and what type of blades did you use?
Did you routethe inside out or some other method? Never have tried anything like that.

Later,
Albert

:saw:

sapwood

New User
Roger
That's great Scott!

Scott,
That is very nice work. What kind of band saw do you own and what type of blades did you use?
Did you routethe inside out or some other method? Never have tried anything like that.

Later,
Albert

If you answer Albert's questions, you've answered mine :mrgreen:

Roger

Flyingspyder

New User
Scott
Scott,

Later,
Albert

I have a floor model Craftsman 14 inck (uses a 80" blade) Im poor right now so I used a (now dull) metal cutting blade my uncle gave me:eusa_whis (it worked), and for the tray I used a scrollsaw after cutting the bottom out. I plan on flocking the tray when I can find some.

T

toolferone

WOW!! That is so cool!! You did a great job on it. Poplar doesn't always look good stained, but yours came out great! I am sure she loved it.:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS