mini lathe motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
anyone know where to get a new motor for a fisch tuning center?
i think the jet and delta use the same motor but i aint sure of that. mine has lost power and is easily stalled. :crybaby2:

help!!!!!!!!!!

fred

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Are you sure it's not just the starter capacitor?

it starts up fine but has very little power under load. i done know much about electric motors. when i get some free time i may tear it apart and see if maybe it just needs a good cleaning inside. yeh thatll fix it!:-D then i can replace it!:rolf: a source for a motor like that would be nice to know at any rate.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Is it a standard NEMA-48 motor, or something unique? If it is a NEMA-48 motor, Johnstone Supply sells them for belt driven fans at prices that others can't touch. They most likely would be sleave, rather than ball bearing though. Check to see if the shaft on your motor spins freely. If it doesn't, a couple drops of oil may be all that is needed

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
i am not realy sure what type motor it is yet cause i havent taken it off to see. its pretty well hidden under there!:roll: gonna post more info later when i get it off.

fred

sapwood

New User
Roger
No worries, Fred. I'm here to help you ;-)
Don't listen to those other folks and go poking around that old mini lathe motor, it could be dangerous :eusa_hand
Buy a shiny, new mini lathe . . . and don't forget to post pixs :mrgreen:

You can thank me later,
Roger

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
well it looks like a special purpose motor. havent found anything that looks like anywhere exept from one of the mini lathe mfg's. they want way too much money! 57 bucks for a capacitor? realy.... 160 plus for a 1/2 HP motor? not hardly! i can get the whole lathe for 300. I'm looking into the crystal ball and it looks yellow in there....:eusa_pray guess i gott wait fer santa.:-( good thing i got another one to play with for a while.:-D anybody got a 4 step pully with a 5/8" shaft they want to part with? my other lathe has a broken pully on the small end and i realy would like to have slow speed capabilities again.:-? sorry roger but i aint otta the woods yet!:rolf: and no eagle its not a loose pully, but i did have to check after i saw your post.;-) wish it had been.:BangHead:

fred p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS