Mini-Gloat - Possible Deal at Sears

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC7CN

New User
Don
Freud LU84R011X, 50T, FK, Combination Blade on sale for $35, marked down from $59.99 in our local Sears store. The 24T Rip blade was on sale for $45.00, marked down from $79.99 Not sure I understand the pricing considering tooth count. I suspect they are not going to carry these blades any longer :tinysmile_cry_t:.

I took the blade to the register, and ask the clerk to verify the sale price. He scanned the tag and it came up $59.99. He commented this happened to him on Sunday too! He got the manager for an override. Later when I noticed the sale taq was removed from the last blade, the clerk came over and told me the manager took the tag, to verify the sale price.

In any case, I need this new tool fix :tool:

-Don

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don, sounds like you where in the right place at the right time. :thumbs_up

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Prices pretty much match up with prices mentioned in my post "Stolen from SMC", dated 09-05. You will like the LU84. I use mine to rip maple nosing strips. Beats my WWII all to pieces.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Beings I am in the market for a good rip blade right now I have been doing some searching/pricing. It appears that the flat ground tooth rip blade is soon to be a thing of the past. Most are now ATB, and the flat ground ones cost as much as a 60 tooth crosscut.:sad11:
Go

KC7CN

New User
Don
Beings I am in the market for a good rip blade right now I have been doing some searching/pricing. It appears that the flat ground tooth rip blade is soon to be a thing of the past. Most are now ATB, and the flat ground ones cost as much as a 60 tooth crosscut.:sad11:
Go

Interesting comment about the rip blade! The 24T Freud that was on sale for $45. Not that I didn't need one, but LOML was in the store with me :rolleyes:. I didn't bother to look at it.

-Don

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I checked out the Sears here and all they carry are the Craftsman blades. The only rip blades they had were in packs, and then were ATB. Lowe's here doesn't carry any rip blades in 10" except for a cheap Marathon brand, and it too is ATB.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS