Met Woodartz Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Had the pleasure of meeting Bob (woodartz) today, and his wife Jackie. (How he did that is a mystery to me!) They are a great couple and we really enjoyed our time with them.

Bob picked up some cypress from me and gave me a really neat pen he had turned from spalted maple. (Thanks again, Bob!)

We fed 'em some Italian food, (what else you gonna give a guy named Mascarella?) swapped some woodworking stories, and they left for hopefully a safe trip home. Bob's another example of the great folks you can meet on this site.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would agree with you. I had the pleasure of first meeting Bob at the spring picnic last year (a few days after he joined the site). Our paths have crossed several times after that, and it has always been a good ting.
Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Yeah, he tries to tell me he's Sicilian, but methinks there's some Beaudreaux in there somewhere? Whadda you tink, Dave, Heh??

:rotflm:

woodArtz

New User
Bob
We had a great time!!! The cypress was very nice... the lunch was great... the view from the shop door was amazing... but the company was absolutely incredible. What a great family. We were overwhelmed by the hospitality. Jackleg, you're a lucky man. Thanks for the everything, especially the cool little shoe rack ;-).

The cypress is unloaded; now it's time to make some sawdust!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
We had a great time!!! The cypress was very nice... the lunch was great... the view from the shop door was amazing... but the company was absolutely incredible. What a great family. We were overwhelmed by the hospitality. Jackleg, you're a lucky man. Thanks for the everything, especially the cool little shoe rack ;-).

The cypress is unloaded; now it's time to make some sawdust!

Glad you made it home safely. Now that you know the way, don't be strangers!

M

McRabbet

Ok, who was put in charge of the camera? Else this just is hearsay -- remember guys, no pics.....

Steve W

New User
Steve
...and then I got to meet with Bob again to borrow his multi-gauge to set up my recently-acquired jointer. He had already converted some of JackLeg's cypress to sawdust (and chair parts).

This was my second meeting with Bob and we both share a liking for Cajun food and Cajun stuff in general! And only someone who's lived in LA has a box of stuff in storage that says "Mardi Gras Beads" on the box!:rolf:

Thanks again for the loan, Bob, and I'll be over this weekend to return it (unless you wanna stop by in Mebane to see what dark secrets I have in my shop!)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS