Memorial Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH2NC

New User
Eric
I know that for most, it's a busy weekend with family and friends, but take a minute to remember those that fought for our freedom!

Hope everyone has a safe Memorial weekend!

-E :eek:ccasion1

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I know that for most, it's a busy weekend with family and friends, but take a minute to remember those that fought for our freedom!

Hope everyone has a safe Memorial weekend!

-E :eek:ccasion1
+1 Thanks to all who served and all who serve. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Bryan S

Bryan
Lots of good, brave men and women have given their all so that we can have the opportunities we do have. A special thanks to our members here currently on active duty, both stateside and abroad.

I still love a line from the movie A Few Good Men. When the character played by Demi Moore was asked why she cared? Her character said

"It's because they stand on a wall and say. Nothing's going to happen to you, not today, not on my watch".

jerrye

New User
Jerry
"We appreciate you who have served us" and "Thank you" doesn't really seem to be enough, but that is all that most of us can offer. So...

We appreciate you who have served us. Thank you!!!!!

If you know someone or are someone who has been awarded the Purple Heart please check out this project of a friend of mine, and pass it on to those who you know of that are Purple Heart honorees. Thank you.

Jerry

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
"We appreciate you who have served us" and "Thank you" doesn't really seem to be enough, but that is all that most of us can offer. So...

We appreciate you who have served us. Thank you!!!!!

If you know someone or are someone who has been awarded the Purple Heart please check out this project of a friend of mine, and pass it on to those who you know of that are Purple Heart honorees. Thank you.

Jerry

+1. Thank you!!!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
+100--- We owe everything to those who gave some and those who gave all.

Let us NEVER forget what Memorial Day is really about.

God bless those that make our freedom possible!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up. Thanks to all of those brave men and women that have, and continue to serve. And a very special thanks to the those that lost their lives while protecting us:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:.

jhreed

New User
james
My favorite are World War II Marines. I have worked for several of those guys and they are special. I have never served, but I know where my freedom comes from. May God Bless those patriots that keep us free. Please remembor those that have served to make sure that we have what we have.
James

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
God bless them all,and for those of you that will be traveling this weekend,PLEASE be carefull and have a safe and wonderfull weekend

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Thank you for posting this. Thank you for remembering. Thank you, all of you who have served, are serving or will some day serve, our country.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
My only male cousin was a 'naval aviator' temporarily assigned to duty in the Canary Islands. Weather had prevented any flights for two months. His roommate got clearance for the first flight and asked him if we wanted to go along for the ride. Since flying is what he lived for, there was only one answer. Sadly the P3 Orion they were on crashed killing everyone aboard - 13 instead of their normal 12 -since Bobby was an extra crewman.
He never saw his only child who was only months old at the time.
A personal story, but one far too familiar to many.

Hats off to every hero serving, or that has served our country. And to the family members who selflessly send their loved ones to protect us all. Your sacrifices great or small do not go unnoticed.

Glennbear

Glenn
Memorial Day always causes me to recall my Dad who served in WWII in the Army Air Corps (USAF) He served in China, Burma and India and received many citations including the Distunguished Flying Cross which is the highest one can receive short of the Medal of Honor. My sister still has the letters he sent home from the war zone to my future Mom and I am well aware that this Memorial Day there are men and women sending such letters home from all over the world while they are serving our proud nation. On a lighter note, one of the things Pop shared from his war experiences was how to make a monkey trap so one does not have to starve if stranded in some gosh forsaken jungle. :wsmile:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
While I appreciate the comments about those who served, or are serving, tomorrow is Memorial Day, not Veteran's Day. Memorial day is to honor the memory of those who DIDN'T make it back. Veterans Day is to honor all those who served. There is a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS