Meeting with state veterans cemetries director

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The rescheduled meeting date to meet with Teresa West, NC State Veterans Cemeteries director, is firmly set for Thursday, June 4th, at 11:00 a.m., at The Moose Café, Greensboro. Once again, I'm hoping, begging, pleading, that several members will be in attendance, to demonstrate to the state, that we are a very significant force in this state. I will keep 10 urns here, for Black Mountain, and bring about 14 to the meeting to be distributed to the other cemeteries. I also purchased a case of 5000 1 1/2" #9 fh screws for securing the bottoms. I will share these with whoever wants screws. Just a side note, I ordered 1 1/4" #8s, and it was indicated they would be donated. They weren't, and I only needed about 100. I also have at least 1/2 gallon of General Finishes Exterior 450 acrylic urethane. This can go to whoever needs it for the urns. I will bring these items to the meeting also. Anyone who has urns, it would be a good time to try and get them together, as we will be placing them at the various cemeteries next week, I hope. Thank you to everyone for your help, your time, your thoughts, and your prayers. This is a very worthy project, honoring North Carolina's veterans.:icon_thum

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I also just bought 1000 1 3/4 combo head. I have the 6 oak urns also. I will be there for ya. I have an un opened gal here. Uo to you if we want to use up the opened first. We still need the pocket screws right? Kreg offered them but have had Hank on hold. If Thursday goes well I will ask him to pursue them

redknife

New User
Chris
Bruce- thank you all. Can you help us understand if you are looking for other NCWW members to attend June 4th that may not have contributed yet to the urns vs. those that have played a direct role?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
:wsmile:

Bruce, I have it on my calendar. Planning to be there. Should be an interesting meeting.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am going to do my best to be there, but I am not in complete control (that is an understatement)

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I am very happy to know I will not be alone! Redknife, any and all NCWWers are invited to be there. Even though you may not have been able to be involved in this project yet, it is, like our other outreach projects, ongoing. There will always be opportunities for participation in the future. Learning more about our various functions is profitable for all.
I will be bringing about 14 urns, a supply of 1 1/2" #9 fh screws to distribute, the NCWW insignias for the urn bottoms, and the various insignias of the branches of service, and a partial can of General Finishes Exterior 450 acrylic urethane. If you would like a supply of these screws for attaching the bottom panels, please bring a container.
see ya there, tomorrow at 11:00.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Bruce,

I'll be there too.

I would also like to visit Barbara after our meeting, if she can have visitors.

Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors