MDO Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I'm about to build a mobile / construction site chop saw station (maybe a couple of them). It's the version from the NYW. Norm suggests MDO. Anybody know a good source for 3/4" MDO? I'm in the north Raleigh area.

Ray

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Ray, I have hunted for MDO in the past and have never had much luck in finding a source. You might give the Raleigh Hardwood Center a call to see if they have any. If not, maybe they can order some for you.

D L

Raleigh Hardwood Center
4213 Poole Road
Raleigh, North Carolina 27620-4758
Phone: 919-231-6620
Toll Free: 1-800-982-0999
Fax: 919-231-9687

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
ask a local sign shop where they buy theirs, thoguh many that I have asked about MDO have switched to a vinyl overlay

BobN

New User
Bob
I purchase some MDO from Raleigh Hardwood Center. It's been a couple of years, but I assume if they carry it then that they probably still do.

Bob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Diamond Hill Plywood on Tarheel Drive sells it. BUT, they probably won't sell to you directly, as they are a wholesaler only. If you can't get it another way, I will try to purchase, or have former vendor get it, with customer pickup@ Diamond Hill.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Thanks for the responses.

I called Capitol City Lumber and they offer 3/4" MDO for $74 for one good side and $92 for 2 good sides. Seems a bit steep for something that will live outside at a construction site.

Ray

clowman

Clay Lowman
I got some MDO about a year ago, and I couldn't find much better price in the Raleigh area than what Capitol City offered. I even talked to someone that owned a sign making company and he offered to buy it for me using his account.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I suspect I'm going to build this thing out of a less expensive material and then coat it with a bunch of spar varnish

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS