May State of the Shop -President's Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
With only 9 days until the NCWW annual picnic, our yearly activities are in full swing. If you are planning on coming to the picnic please let ScottM know in the picnic thread so that we can get a handle on the number of attendees.

Weather permitting the picnic should be at least as good as last year. The raffle prizes that Rob has put together are terrific! IF I was not on the BoD I would be buying tickets. (Next year I can!) IN light of the number of prizes, the quality of the prizes and the total value I urge you all to buy tickets early and often!

While this year’s picnic is in Cary, there is interest in moving around NC. To do this we need people to scout out locations. Bear in mind the location needs:

- family friendly
- shelter for 100+
- table and chairs for 100+
- bath rooms
- water and electric preferred
- affordable
- allows on site cooking and catering .

The present BoD has three members in the Triangle area and four elsewhere. As Joe, Scott and I step down two of the three RTP members are departing and none of the candidates for the BoD live in the RTP area. Hopefully this will ease the RTP-conspiracy theorists. NCWW really does try (and want) to be active throughout NC. All we need is members willing to step up and do some ground work. I think the shop crawls have been successful in this manner.

Speaking of candidates, the BoD election will end at the picnic and the winners will be announced there (and posted here as well). PLEASE VOTE! Here is a link to Trent’s thread with the voting link:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38832

A sincere thank you to the members that have thrown their hats in the ring to help keep NCWW running!

Finally, as I stated in the beginning this is the busy time of the year so there are a lot more activities coming after the picnic.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for the update.

I have always been curious about how the BOD voting was accomplished, so I just tried following the link provided here and got the following message:

MarkE, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So I geuss I am confused as to who is allowed and who is supposed to vote for the BOD members.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

TIA.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks for the update.

I have always been curious about how the BOD voting was accomplished, so I just tried following the link provided here and got the following message:

So I geuss I am confused as to who is allowed and who is supposed to vote for the BOD members.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

TIA.

Members that have met the visit requirement, three visits per week average and have opted in as corporate members in their profile may vote in the election. I'll check your profile.

TracyP

Tracy
I checked your profile and you have not opted in as a corporate member. You are a senior user which tells me you have met the visit requirements. Just go to your profile and opt in as a corporate member and you should be able to vote.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Tracy.

I have now opted in as a corporate member. Does anything else need to be done?

TracyP

Tracy
Thanks Tracy.

I have now opted in as a corporate member. Does anything else need to be done?

In a day or so you should see a corporate member's forum. It takes a cycle after opting in. Try logging out and then back in.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
In a day or so you should see a corporate member's forum. It takes a cycle after opting in. Try logging out and then back in.

OK. I logged out and in but nothing yet. I'll keep checking back over the next day or two.

Thanks again. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS