Match Fit Dovetail Clamps

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
During the last week, due to RSV, I've had plenty of screen time I've looked at several jigs / sleds that feature Match Fit Dovetail clamps. They seem almost too good to be true, but are rather spendy. It amazes me that for the length of time they have been around, there isn't a Chinese knock off available. Before shucking out a little over a hundred bucks for clamp kit, and router bits, I would like to hear some first hand experiences. Tell me the good, bad or ugly.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I use them quite a bit. Yes, the clamps are expensive and rarely go on sale. I only have 4 of the dovetail clamps, but seem to get by okay with that. Two are the Matchfit brand and 2 are from my Makita track saw. Since they need to be their special dovetail shape, I had to grind down the Makita clamps so they would fit. They also still fit the Makita track.

I probably use the jig hardware kit parts as much as the clamps. They to are expensive, but you can find them on sale. I’ve had my best luck at Taylor Toolworks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64

BKHam

Bradley
User
I love them. I use them a ton. the clamps themselves are my favorite small clamp. The small, single point of contact is perfect for getting pressure in a very specific area.

I have bought some amazon knockoffs (couldn't find the exact ones). they were like $15 apiece instead of $25 or 30. I had to grind them a little as they were very tight fitting but now they work perfectly.

if you make jigs for table saw, this is a no brainer. I would do these small miters (5/16 stock) and use these clamps to hold down the work as I cut the miter.

my biggest gripe is that sometimes the arm slides down when I want it to stay put. the benefits far outweigh this annoyance.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
They work OK. The clamps like Festool that go in T tracks won’t fit standard T track you have to get the wide T track Incra gold.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors