Maple Butcher Block Countertop

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I finished the butcher block counter top today. I ran into all kinds of problems and it took much longer than I thought it would. I had glue showing when I stained the backsplash. It didn't show up until I stained it. So I took it off, sanded it again and put it back on. When I put it back, I got another line of glue where it fits together and now that shows. Maybe I will fix it one day. The wall isn't straight where the backsplash goes against it and I worked and worked to make it look right. I think it will be ok after I put a bead of silicone on it. My wife wanted a lip between the block and the stove to make cleaning easier. That took some carving and chisel work that I am not good at. I got it to look OK but there is still a space I don't like. Oh well, it is done for now.

Now, I get to start on the other 23' of counter top! Then new faces for the cabinets, drawer fronts, and doors.

447334334_kZjDo-X3.jpg

PChristy

New User
Phillip
great job Michael - as long as the LOYL is happy then that is all that matters:icon_thum I like the butcher block look

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Definitively a lot of work, that is for sure. It looks good, very good!

End grain butcher block is not easy. I do not envy you. Heck, Bas doing end grain cutting boards was enough to make me cringe....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS