"Magic" saw till

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
This Christmas my wife gave me the new carcass saws from Lee Valley. I had a couple saws already and really needed some storage solution. Over on LJ I saw a cool project for a "magic" saw till. Here is my version:

69CG8948.JPG

View image in gallery

It works better than you might think. Instead of a full writeup just check out this one that explains it very well: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/41465

This version uses the hot glue sticks. If I were to make it again I would try it with the bouncy balls or make it MUCH shorter in height because sometimes the glue sticks rotate when inserting the saw and I have to fiddle with it to get it to drop back down horizontal. Note that if I made it short enough in height the glue stick would not have room to rotate and get stuck vertically. I did it differently from the LJ project simply because I had a piece of cherry that I thought would look good :). Still works most of the time.

Salem

eyekode

New User
Salem
By the way DON'T put Veritas saws close to one another. They reproduce like rabbits!

69CG9025.JPG

Also if you make a till like this space the saws out further than I did. Now that the till is full it is a little cramped. You really want enough room to put the saw up without your hand hitting the nearby handles.
Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS