loomming progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Anderson

New User
Mark
loom-wr.jpg

just broght up from the shop so please forgive the dust. the is one coat of minwax antique finsh on it to prtect it rom finger prints while it was being made...several more to come.

this is a replica made from memories of my grandmothers, and web searches. more photo's to come when the finish is done to show details.

Mark Anderson

New User
Mark
it will be i still need to make a few aslesory items but it should be up and running soon.

picture threading 360 needles 8-O

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That is really cool looking. It would be neat to see some WIP (weave in progress) pics once you get to that point. :)

Chuck

Mark Anderson

New User
Mark
just putting the headles in now, to be honest i dont know what kind they are, they are some that wwere with my granmothers loom. they apear to be stainles steel with holes punched in if that helps identify them.

it is built just like my grandmothers witch was a two treadel loom used just fo rag rugs. if my wife actuly uses this thing i will poblay make another with more treadles, i'm thinking string on the next one for a bit more of the ole timey look.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Unique woodcrafting Mark!
I noted the receptacle in the wall, where's the motor go :lol:

Roger

childe

New User
Chris
Thats really cool Mark! You like building replicas of antiques don't you? Like the camera! Hope to make my shop more functional, so I can produce bigger things.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors