Looking for Woodworking Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledavid

New User
David
I am interested in finding / joining a woodworking club / group near Hillsborough. I want to learn how to do wood turning. Does anyone know of classes available in my area?

Thanks
David

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Click the "Woodworking in NC" on your tool bar and you'll have bounds of options there.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
The Woodturner's Guild used to meet at the NCSU Craft Center. Bill Wallace taught woodturning classes at Alamance CC. Plenty of turners around.

Roy G

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Hi David,

I'm available on most weekends and would be happy to set something up for you. Also, we have a local woodworking group that meets on Monday nights if you're interested. Let me know if we can help out. :icon_thum

Bob

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
Depending on how willing you are to drive, the Triangle Woodworkers Association in Raleigh meets in the Klingspor store on Capital once a month with frequent workshops in the area.

Used to belong to TWA before moving to Hillsborough. Might start back up in a year or so. Got other stuff going on now.

When I was with the club, there were people who drove in from Durham and Chapel Hill, so you may be able to find someone to carpool with.

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
My brother and I teach a woodturning class at Alamance Community College. Several people from Durham and Hillsborough attend. You can see the complete schedule on their website, or call Ellen McBane at 336-506-4322.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I am a member and vice president of the Piedmont Triad Woodturners Club. The group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Leonard Recreation Center 6324 Ballinger Road, Greensboro, NC 27410.
Many of our members were students of Jim and Bill Wallace (previous post) at ACC where we learned turning and I highly recommend their classes.

The Piedmont Triad woodturners club Home is a good source to meet others in the area with similar interests, observe demonstrations from local and professional turners and many other benefits. This group provides a very good supplement to the classes at ACC to refine skill levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS