Looking for Woodworking Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm looking for a free computer based calculator with a woodworking bent. It should convert from inches to millimeters. It should calculate Board Feet easily and perform other woodworking specific calculations.

Anyone come across something like this?

I guess if I can't find one, I'll build it myself.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
There are a lot of "calculating" functions available, but I doubt you will find an all in one for free. But if you don't mind a few extra clicks and a few extra bucks in your pocket you can find just about all you need here

HTH,
Dave:)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
There are a lot of "calculating" functions available, but I doubt you will find an all in one for free. But if you don't mind a few extra clicks and a few extra bucks in your pocket you can find just about all you need here

HTH,
Dave:)

Thanks Dave,

That's a good link and a good start in my search.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken.

I bought this one from Lowes awhile ago and it has been very useful to me in the shop. Does a great job in performing calculations in fractions, bdft etc..
Wayne

That does look interesting and way more portable than being tied to a PC. Would be cheaper than buying a netbook for use in the shop. On the other hand, a netbook might have other uses like watching those online episodes of New Yankee Workshop.

Food for thought.

Thanks much for the pointer.

Decisions... decisions...

- Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS