Looking for Small Tablesaw

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
I have small cast iron 7" table saw with sliding table. Also have extra blades. Send message if interested. Extremely accurate. I’ve used for picture frames before updating to other methods.
Complete with motor. For table top only or make a stand.

Last edited:

Rick Mainhart

Rick
Corporate Member
I have a craftsman direct drive table saw you can have for free. Includes a homemade dado stack clearance plate, the homemade mobile base, fence with sacrificial fence face mounted, and a iter square with installed backing board. For what it's worth, I also have the manual.

The saw is underpowered for ripping thick hardwood and was replaced by a Grizzly 1023.

Pickup in Kernersville ... I can help load into a pickup.

Contact me via DM if interested ... one way or another this is leaving my basement ... soon.

Regards,

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_1406[1].JPG
    IMG_1406[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1405[1].JPG
    IMG_1405[1].JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1404[2].JPG
    IMG_1404[2].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 46

Flute Maker

Mike
User
As to value in today's world of plastic and aluminum claptrap, that price is a screaming steal. You can sell the jointer alone for $100.00 and move the table saw over on the stand. I'll admit the fence isn't the greatest compared to what's available on $4000.00 saws but it will do nicely. I think this will be the closest thing you'll find to a perfect saw for your needs and the price is right.
Thanks Everybody for all the input. My mind is all over the place in this purchase….It will probably be put on the back burner for now. I don’t have to have one and the cash flow is not good right now too!!!! Thanks again !!!

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Rick's offer is a good one. A 2 hour drive for you.
Remove the left hand extension and the footprint is reduced significantly since you're looking for something small.
Truth is, Rick's saw will take up less space since the motor doesn't hang out the back like the Delta saw/jointer combo.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I have a craftsman direct drive table saw you can have for free. Includes a homemade dado stack clearance plate, the homemade mobile base, fence with sacrificial fence face mounted, and a iter square with installed backing board. For what it's worth, I also have the manual.

The saw is underpowered for ripping thick hardwood and was replaced by a Grizzly 1023.

Pickup in Kernersville ... I can help load into a pickup.

Contact me via DM if interested ... one way or another this is leaving my basement ... soon.

Regards,

Rick
Hey Rick I appreciate the offer but I’m just thinking right now! Thanks a bunch!!

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Any saw without a riving knife is too dangerous to use.
My experience, the smaller and lighter, the more dangerous. Even the job site saws scare me. Had one. Switched to a contractor size. Better. But no knife and after a couple close calls, bought a big bulky cabinet saw. Yea, it takes up space, but one could configure folding wings and casters so it would store almost as small as a job-site on a cart. Space around the saw is a much bigger problem than the saw footprint. Think about the jobs you need to do. Don't expect less than a 3 HP cabinet to rip 8/4 hardwood. Even with a CMT 24 tooth thin kerf.

I have found I don't use my table saw much any more. Mostly the band saw. Most of what I used to do on a table saw I do with a strait edge and a compact circ saw. Someday I'll get a Makita track saw. After that, not sure a table saw has any use. I did just break down and get a Kapex so I can crosscut accurately a bit wider than the old non-slider miter saw. It takes up a heck of a lot more space than a table saw!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS