Looking for resaw help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Ladies and Gentlemen (loose terms:lol:)

I may be forced to buy 8/4 cherry this weekend when I really need 6/4 I hate to just plane 2" thick down to my finished 1 1/4 so was wondering if there is one of the many sufferers of wood guy disease that may have a BS capable of re-sawing an 8' long by 8" wide piece of 8/4 cherry? after running it over a wide jointer. Apex/ raleigh area? If I can't joint it in one piece then I may as well cut it down the middle, re-saw it as two 4 inch pieces, which I can do and then joint it on my 6", then glue it back together.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
David,

I'll give it a try. We can join it here and cut it...and you can pick up the drum sander ....all in one trip!!

Bernhard

DavidF

New User
David
Bernhard said:
David,

I'll give it a try. We can join it here and cut it...and you can pick up the drum sander ....all in one trip!!

Bernhard

That's great Berhard! I get the wood today and will let it sit in the shop for a week before doing anything with it. We will arrange a date to do the re-saw. Thanks again!

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
DavidF said:
That's great Berhard! I get the wood today and will let it sit in the shop for a week before doing anything with it. We will arrange a date to do the re-saw. Thanks again!

David,

What are you building? just curious.

Also, finally have permanent power to the shop: A full 200Amp separate service entrance and an additional 400Amp SE for the house. No more drop cords. All lights connected (10x double 8' and 4 double 4' fluorescents). The shop is actually brighter than a sunny day outside. If all lights are on, I need to to wear sun glass glasses. I guess I went overboard ...a bit. The 3-phase converter is switched remotely from each piece of equipment using an X10 remote control. Outlets for 110, 220 and 3x220 everywhere. All together about 1300' of wire. A/C is in, but outside compressor is not yet hooked up. But with insulation and a dehumidifier, the shop temperature has stayed below 79F and 62% RH, even during the couple of hot days. Three things left to do: Permanent placement of dust collection pipe and distributed compressed air and "build something". The last one was a comment from my wife.

Bernhard

T

toolferone

David, if things don't work out there, then I could give you a hand with the resawing.

DavidF

New User
David
Wood has been bought and paid for - 64 bdft - $425.00

Rough sawn and surface planed to expose to the air a bit more to acclimatize for a week. I ended up cutting the wide boards down the middle because of excessive twist so will joint flat then join back together again, probably a good thing to do anyway.

This cherry is for the bed shown in my gallery.

Bernard, just sent you a PM.

DavidF

New User
David
toolferone said:
David, if things don't work out there, then I could give you a hand with the resawing.

Thanks for the offer Tom, really appreciate the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS