Looking for Reclaimed boards for a table - any ideas outside of CL for Raleigh area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

batk30msu

New User
brent
I am looking for about 6 boards that have old circular saw mill marks if possible.

Anyone know of a good commercial source? Species doesn't matter.

Thanks!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I have some reclaimed Heartwood pine - lots of character. Like Sandy noted above, I doubt these boards have many saw marks on them though.

Depends on the size of the table - I can't recall how many I have left. THese are 2" thck, about 5" wide and 8-10' long

Henry

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Heartwood Pine Floors in Apex. They're good to work with and reasonably priced. Talk with Dave Thurber. They'll cut boards to your specifications in a variety of face appearances and texture. I think that Henry got some of his wood from them.

http://www.heartwoodpine.com/

Probably sawed on a horizontal band mill, but you could ask about rotary cut for that special look. They just might have that equipment on site, but don't use it very often.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Heartwood Pine Floors in Pittsboro (not Apex) is where I purchased my material. Great to work with - I was very happy with what I was able to purchase there. It was machined to my specifications. It wasn't cheap. but I was prepared to pay what I needed to get material to my spec.

Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS