looking for laminate scrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Anyone seen a borg in the raleigh area with a scrap bin of laminate? Looking for a 3 x 4 sized piece for a router table top.

I found a supply in Durham via craigslist thats pretty cheap but hoping to avoid having to drive all that way for it.

thnx...Steve

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Steve.

I have a left over piece, white - its about 23 1/2" x 48".

(36" x 48" sounds like a pretty big router table, unless you need more for the fence etc.:icon_scra)

You are welcome to this chunk, if it will work!

Wayne

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just went thru my scraps and I can come close I have a piece that is 29 1/2 x 48 and another that is 23 1/2 x 96 the first is a maple fake with a soft sheen, the other is basic white matte. You can have either. I live in NE Raleigh or I can put them in my truck and catch up to you

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
thanks for the offers but I need something about 32 x 36.

I have something like this. The width is 32" and when extended over the plate, needs about 25inches, so giving about 10 - 11 inches or so of support, it comes to about 36 inches long.

pict5778.jpg

this isnt mine, somethign i found real quick on google images

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I think I have a piece that big but I will have to dig around a bit. I will PM you if I do. I'll check in the morning.

DaveD

New User
Dave
The Raleigh Habitat reuse place typically has bigger pieces of laminate. Was up there the other day and they have some funky signs up inside about limited summer hours. Don't remember them though. They may have ben closing at 4PM.Give them a call.

Habitat for Humanity of Wake County
2420 Raleigh Boulevard
Raleigh, NC 27604-2235
Phone 919.833.1999
Fax 919.833.8256
Habitat for Humanity of Wake County ReStore
Store hours:

• Tuesday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
  • Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
  • Closed Sundays and Mondays

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
thnx, I discovered I have just enough scrap laminate left over from my miter station project to cover it, I might go with that and see how it works. That way it will match the other stuff in my garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors