Looking For Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPio

New User
Jon
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a supply of Holly. Of course I would prefer the snow white stuff but I realize I can't always be too choosy.

I'd like lengths of 24" at least with widths of 2" or more. Thickness is less important since I'm going to resaw it anyway.

I realize I can go online but I'd prefer not.

Thanks for any ideas.

Jon

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Last I heard Jack [saw4you] had some. He is in rolesville. A bit of a hike from mathews but his prices are the best around.

Dave Peterson

New User
Dave
I cut down a huge holly tree in Feb. this year, and it is close to dry. Nope, not snow white, but it was air dried. I am in Lillington. about a 3 hour drive. I have lumps and boards. if you are interested, give me a call at 910-four-nine-four-6410

I am also up for barter if you have some good wood to trade. I do a lot of turning, but 2X2Xwhatever is good for me too.

Dave Peterson

JPio

New User
Jon
Thank you for the responses.

Dave - I need to be in Fayetteville in the next month or two so I may give you a shout.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Jon-

If it doesn't have to be white, then I've got some and I think Matt Furjanic has some. The stuff I got I harvested myself and it was air dried. This will not result in the white white Holly. It will be a little more yellow and have some green streaks in it. The supply I've got is what I used on this table: again it's not even close to perfect but it's a good alternative, a good price $3 bd/ft, and local. Let me know if your interested.

cherry_ballerina_table_1_011_Small_.jpg

View image in gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS