Looking for Cherry Source/ Saw Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawhorse

New User
Chuck
I am in the Raleigh, NC area and looking for a reasonable source ( as opposed to Capital Lumber) for rough, dry furniture grade wood ( cherry at the moment). Anyone know of a good, reliable millwork shop, small saw mill, or other reasonable source? I am willing to travel a 50 mile radius to find same.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Sawhourse

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I bought some walnut from this guy a couple of months ago for $2.50/ bd ft. He has a large supply of cherry for the same price. He is located about 15 miles east of Washington, NC which is a bit outside the 50 mile limit you mentioned. However if you purchase enough it would be worth the drive.

Kevin's Custom Sawing and Furniture
Air dried hardwoods/softwoods and custom portable milling services
Kevin Everett
112 Boyd Loop Rd
Everett's Corner
Beaufort Co.
Tel. (252) 923-0345

BobN

New User
Bob
I live in Cary, so I have about the same driving distance as you, maybe a little less depending on where in Raleigh you're at.

I get my hardwood at "The Hardwood Store of North Carolina" in Gibsonville. I have had very good luck buying from them. It's about 50 miles from my house, may be a lttle further for you.

Bob

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hey DaveO, would it be appropriate to add Klingspor to the supplier list ? At least the shop in Raleigh carries a decent stock of 4/4 material and turning stock - though I'd call ahead if I wanted to be assured of a quantity above 50 bf.

-Mark

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea, it would. I am surprised that they aren't on there. Klingspor is one of my favorite places to get wood, close, and easy to just get a few boards of what I need.
You can add it if you would like, or I will.
Dave:)

sawhorse

New User
Chuck
Thanks Dave. I printed out the wood/sawyers lists for future reference. Just what I need.
Sawhorse

sawhorse

New User
Chuck
Thanks for the tip Jeff. Will definitely keep you in mind. Trying to organize my sources at the moment.

Art Stratemeyer

New User
Art Stratemeyer
Hi Chuck,

I'm not sure if they allow non-commercial buyers or not but Horizon Products off of Poole rd always has a fairly good supply of cherry.

Recently got about 100 bf of 8/4 from them at $5.65/bf

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
If you want to save a few bucks on 8/4 cherry..look no further than the ads. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors