looking for a small peice of 8/4 RO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra If anyone I would think that you would. I know I have some, but I am not sure that it is 4' in length, and it's flat sawn.

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Why don't you laminate up the legs from some 4/4 rift sawn RO. You will actually end up with a better looking leg than if you cut it out of solid stock (flat or QS sawn)..unless you find 8/4 rift sawn stock

Dave:)

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I am fresh out of anything 8/4 except poplar got lots of that and a couple pieces of maple That I promised fred

It's not for it's for a friend of mine who's making a cradle for his new grand baby

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I have some Jeff. It's ~2 1/8" thick, rough sawn/flat sawn, about 6" wide. It has been air drying for about 3 years outside, stickered under tin.

dkeller_nc

New User
David
Anyone got a small piece of 8/4 Red Oak - enough to make 4) 1 3/4" sq x 4' long legs?

Thanks

Jeff - Yep, I have what you need. I sawed up 3 logs of huge red oaks after Hurricane Fran, so they've been air-drying for 13 years. Guaranteed there's some flat-sawn, rift-sawn and quartersawn in the pile. It was all sawn 2" thick when it was green, so it's very slightly less than 2" thick. My guess is that you should be able to get 1-3/4" out of it once 13 years of "black" is planed off of it.

If this doesn't suit you, I know Klingspor WW in Raleigh has some 8/4 red oak, kiln dried, for sale in some small boards.

If you want mine (or just want to look), send me a PM.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS