Looking for a new Joiner to build Dinning Room Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

drchristian

New User
David
I am building a dining room table out of red oak and I need to upgrade my jointer. I was looking at an 8" helical head Powermatic and the W1744S SHOP FOX® 12 inch Jointer With Spiral Cutterhead. they are both around the same price. I like the idea of 12" verses 8" both are around the same price. I am not familiar with Foxcraft. Any suggestions or experience is appreciated,. Max budget is 3k.

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have the Shop Fox 8" jointer and have been very pleased with it. I used the 3 knife head it came with for a long time but I recently upgraded to a Byrd head. I strongly recommend putting a Byrd head in whichever jointer you get.

Last edited:

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Shop Fox is affiliated with Grizzly, some kind of sister company. Grizzly tools may need some calibration when you receive them, but they are solid machines. I would lean towards the 12" shop fox myself. I would get a used powermatic of the same capacity over a new shop fox or grizzly (assuming same price). If I am just comparing new, I think Grizzly/Shop Fox offer a better value then the higher end brands like Powermatic.

drchristian

New User
David
Well bought the Grizzley G0609x 12 spiral cutter, they just got in stock. Everyone was out of the ShopFox and would not get anymore till the fall. Now how do i get it in the shop without the wife seeing it. I hope it is big enough to sleep on.

Wyatt Co.

New User
Bill
well bought the grizzley g0609x 12 spiral cutter, they just got in stock. Everyone was out of the shopfox and would not get anymore till the fall. Now how do i get it in the shop without the wife seeing it. I hope it is big enough to sleep on.

rofl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors