Long Cab ride: SC to Cary,via Mooresville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Well I've finally arrived! It was an interesting journey starting with a NCWW ad for a Steel City cabinet saw to a Pony Express request, another ad for a Jet Contractor saw, PM's, phone calls etc....But here it is!

My first cabinet saw!
SC_TS1.JPG

Thanks to Bill (bwat) I was able to receive this immaculate piece of iron artwork! From it's classic lines, to it's massive Bies style fence and rails and cast iron wings which moves gracefully on the Delta mobile fence. I couldn't be more pleased.

A gracious gentleman woodworker who appreciates fine toolery! Not only did he deliver this gem, but also included a new Freud ripping blade and new inserts to initiate it properly!

Thanks Bill!

The journey only continues. Now to the business of Ripping On!

Thanks all,
Matt

b4man

New User
Barbara
Very nice score Matt!:icon_thum

But do you have to be so neat and clean and color coordinated?:gar-Bi

Barbara

bwat

New User
Bill
You are most welcome Matt. It was good meeting you and your wife last week. Sure am glad I took the added time to clean it up for you or it would have really felt out of place. Your shop is immaculate and well equipped. We look forward to project pics.

And yes, I did see a little sawdust on the epoxy floors behind his jointer!:gar-La;

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Matt, I am glad it all came together for you. I do agree with Barbara though, your shop is far too clean and organized. :wsmile:

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
I would think a new table saw would take care of that "neat and clean" look. Heck, I only used a circular saw for an hour to completely reclaim my shop floor - that I had spent most of a weekend cleaning up. I can't wait to graduate to my own first table saw.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
You ROCK, Matt! That saw should make huge piles of sawdust to give that shop a "lived-in" look.:gar-La;

Gary K

New User
Gary
Nice! You are going to love it. I have its Craftsman cousin and I could not be happier with it.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Thanks all for words of encouragement! With the new saw,
I will have to work harder now to keep my shop clean!:gar-Bi. Hmm....maybe a bigger shop Vac!..let's see.:rolf:.

It never ends. Thank goodness too!

Matt

Mike K

Mike
Corporate Member
Looks great. You will be suprised at the ease of working on the new saw. Now you need to get to work on the new dust collection system that you must have. One thing after another, right. MK

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Looks great. You will be suprised at the ease of working on the new saw. Now you need to get to work on the new dust collection system that you must have. One thing after another, right. MK

Nice looking saw. does it have the granite top? how does it compare to cast iron.

So far, Im loving it, you are right Mike, it is easy to use. I have dust, just need to build out around saw. Thanks.

Does not have granite top, but my old jet had stamped wings, so cast iron is a big bump up for me. Someday my wishlist will be complete:gar-Bi. Yeah right!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors