Linked Belt for Table Saw from Woodcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick7938

New User
Rick
I am relatively new to woodworking and have probably wasted a bunch of money getting started on a new hobby. However, certainly the best $26.00 I have spent in a long time was invested in the linked replacement table saw belt that Tom sells at Woodcraft in Raleigh.

I have a Delta Contractors Saw that has vibrated from a lot to a little depending on which belt I had on the saw. I have bought several from various manufacturers, but they all had a little vibration that was exaggerated by the wooden floor of my workshop.

When I replaced the standard v-belt with the linked belt, it was like I had bought a new saw. I can literally stand a nickel on its edge on the table while it is running. I was amazed and certainly enjoy the smoother and more stable cuts that I get from my saw. It's a great product.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Don't know if the Delta Contractor saw has cast or machine pulleys. I had the Griz contractor and it had cast pulleys w/v belt and I upgraded first to the link belt which was vast improvement and then I upgraded to machined pulleys and boy that was near perfect.

If you've got cast pulleys you might want to consider an upgrade to machine pulleys.

Good luck.

Dan C.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
When I rebuilt my Delta Bandsaw I used them and will agree they are very nice and cancel a lot of vibration.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Only major problem with link belts is if pulley ever spins in one, it is toast. Instantly melts and creates a bump as it crosses pulley. Only a complete new belt will do as uneven wear will cause same problems. Link belts were originally designed for belt driven air handlers. This way tech could just fix it temporarly till proper belt was obtained.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
so guys are now hot-rodding table saws???? I only got out of hot-rodding cars a few years ago (much to LOML's delight), and now you tell me I can hot-rod my table saw..... Where does one get these hot parts? Can I get a stroker kit for JET? or how about a Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS