Limed oak drill press stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Went with the majority of plywood grain direction-thanks for voting!
Not without frustration, which I'm blaming on age related mental degeneration,lol.
attachment.php

Attachments

• dp6.jpg
    dp6.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 269

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Went with the majority of plywood grain direction-thanks for voting!
Not without frustration, which I'm blaming on age related mental degeneration,lol.

Great looking stand! Now the question is - does the drill press match the stand color? That would be truly outstanding!

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Bryan-
attachment.php
Failed with several black stains because the solvent in wax would bleed it into the white.
Settled on aniline water based dye that came from Highland Hardware and the Charlotte
Wood show so long ago it was dehydrated. Brought it back with distilled water. Mixed
some ag lime into butchers wax. Rubbed in the pores after opening them with a bronze
wire brush. Buffed, and top coated with straight butchers. The peg got a coat of flat
black which was here when we moved in-didn't appeal, so I put on two coats of shellac.

Jim- The handles came from woodworker's supply when I did the original shop drawers
in Durham(90's). They were cut out of oak(one) and maple/birch which I scratched in
some faux grain.

Attachments

• dp front.jpg
    dp front.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 126

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Very nice shop furniture! Thank you for explaining your finish process, truly intriguing Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS