LF 24" Bessey Bar Clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Stokes

New User
Alex
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to build my shop a bit and stop borrowing from Canuck for every project I do. I've got bar clamps but no Besseys yet. I see that they've just started selling the new and improved K Body Revo clamps for even more money than before (sigh). Does anyone know where I might lay my hands on some of the older ones? Or find a decent deal on the new ones? The best I've found is $37.75 at Lehigh Valley for the new ones. Canuck thought Highland was selling off some of the old ones awhile back, but there's nothing on their website or in their current catalog. I'd be quite happy to buy used of course. I could use a couple longer too - just thought I'd start with some 24s. Thanks for your suggestions!

Alex

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to build my shop a bit and stop borrowing from Canuck for every project I do. I've got bar clamps but no Besseys yet. I see that they've just started selling the new and improved K Body Revo clamps for even more money than before (sigh). Does anyone know where I might lay my hands on some of the older ones? Or find a decent deal on the new ones? The best I've found is $37.75 at Lehigh Valley for the new ones. Canuck thought Highland was selling off some of the old ones awhile back, but there's nothing on their website or in their current catalog. I'd be quite happy to buy used of course. I could use a couple longer too - just thought I'd start with some 24s. Thanks for your suggestions!

Alex

Alex.

My bad! The old Bessey K-bodies were being sold by Peachtree Woodworking Supply. I see them listed in an older catalog I have here, but don't see them listed at their website.

Will keep an eye out though............

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
K body clamps are one of the great mysteries of the universe. People keep buying them, they last forever, yet never show up on Craig's List. They're like entropy: It keeps increasing but you can't really see it.

Amazon occasionally has sales on K body clamps (JET, Bessey), but for spectacular deals, you have to get lucky. And if you're tempted to buy cheaper versions (like Peachtree had a while ago)...don't! Not worth it. You're better off buying pipe clamps or bar clamps.

wayne

New User
wayne
I've got 4 of the old style jorgensen 48-50" cabinet master clamps I'd part with but they won't be cheap.

If interested PM me.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Lowe's is showing the 24 in Bessy Revos for $40. I do not know how much their regular prices vary from store to store, but when I bought 2 50 " ones a while back at the Burlington store they were around $16 less than other prices I had seen. Like Bas said, Amazon does occasionally put them on sale, but those sales are not near as often as they used to be.

Chemeleon

New User
Matt
For parallel clamps in general, cheapest I've seen in quite awhile is when Menards puts the jorgenson cabinet masters on sale, then price match to home depot for the extra 10% off. Last time I bought a few, that worked out to about $20-21 per 24" clamp. Want to say it was about $5 more for 36", and $10 more for 48". I've got some of the current Besseys as well, and while it does feel like I can get a touch more clamping pressure with them, the Jorgensons work just as well, and seem less inclined to bind up when sliding the tail along the shaft.

They're not on sale right now, but tend to be every few months.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Jet clamps are going on sale Nov 29th.

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/c/woodworking-clamps/141?filter=1

30jn0jm.png

Obxwoody

New User
Andy
That sale looks fantastic for anyone needing a few clamps! I picked up 2 or 3 Jorgensen cabinet masters ones being closed out at Home Depot...I think they were $24 or so...instead of $37ish....and i was delighted! unfortunately 1 shy of a set of 4.... Lol

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Alex - The Lowes here in Greenville has them and I am not sure bu they usually have GREAT deals on Black Friday - not sure if you want to face the crowd etc. but it might be worth it!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
ARG! The precious...I needs 'em....I wants 'em.....

Enablers! :help:

thsb

New User
Tim
this thread is going to cost me 150.00..... i had never heard of parallel clamps, looked them up and the Jet ones are on sale from 300 to 150 or so.

CLetts

New User
Carl
Been waiting for Jet to put their clamps on sale. THANKS for the headsup, manfre!!! Found it Justin Time and Southern-Tools.com was the only site I could find them at the sale price.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Been waiting for Jet to put their clamps on sale. THANKS for the headsup, manfre!!! Found it Justin Time and Southern-Tools.com was the only site I could find them at the sale price.

Glad I could help. I ended up buying this set from amazon. The free shipping made it better than Acme Tools (another online seller) that was charging $7 per clamp in shipping fees.

CLetts

New User
Carl
as an FYI Southern-Tool.com also has free shipping. (14 clamps, S/H would add up quick!!)

manfre

New User
Manfre
Almost forgot to mention that there is an AMEX offer for $25 statement credit when you spend $75. You have to save the offer first in your AMEX account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors