Lazy Susan

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I bought a mechanism to use as a lazy susan for a wide cookie I cut. It rattled so much as it rotated I never used it. A friend suggested it might be very useful when family is gathered around the dinner table and the conversation turns to politics. " Anyone want more gravy" and rotate the server.
A little white lithium grease may help.

mike_wood

Update your profile with your name
User
Thanks a lot for posting this. I ordered and you are right - very smooth & quiet.
Just to add to this comment this turntable is not 4". It is 3 5/8" (94mm). Quite a difference and since I was replacing a true 4" I was concerned about the previous holes showing but this one was just big enough to cover them. Also, on the Amazon web page it appears they come as a 2 pack but it does not. Deceptive advertising. After replacing the old turn table from Rockler (unacceptable) the LS was smooth & quiet.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
@mike, I got a photo this past weekend dealing with how to mount the hardware to the wood.
IMG_9156.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9157.jpeg
    IMG_9157.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19

mike_wood

Update your profile with your name
User
@mike, I got a photo this past weekend dealing with how to mount the hardware to the wood.View attachment 226469
Yep I saw where I would expect screws to go but there were plastic nibs on the underside of every one. The nibs sticking up in your pic I bet has a place for a screw under it. It only works if the plastic nib is in place. Still puzzled.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS