lathe bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think I have a bad bearing on my mini lathe. Dissembling was fairly easy even for me.:embaresse Any way the bearing is a 6005-RZ. When I looked on-line I see RS and ZZ bearings but no RZ. I have checked it several times and it clearly is RZ. Will RS or ZZ work in it's place and is there a Raleigh area supplier someone can recommend?

Sully

New User
jay
The RS versus ZZ versus RZ, etc. simply refer to the type of seals or metal shields. ZZ refers to bearings with non-contact metal shields on both sides. RS refers to bearings with contact rubber seals on each sides. Any 6005 bearing will have the same OD, bore and width. A 6005-ZZ will fit just fine for example.

Applied Industrial (i.e. Dixie Bearings) will have, or can get, any bearing you want. Or you can put in a call to Accurate Bearing and ask for Lynn.

$0.02
J

aplpickr

New User
Bill
Press the new bearings on with deep-well sockets or pipe nipples. Push on the inner or outer race, depending on where the strain is. DO NOT push with strain thru the balls, you will cause micro scoring on the polished surface of the balls which will lead to early failure.:no:

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Ask for "sealed" both sides.
The suffix you have means sealed on one side and shielded on the other. When making lots of one machine, its a little cheaper that way, but for replacement parts, dealers rarely stock the sealed/shielded type. Its usually sealed both sides, shielded both sides, or open.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the great pointers. I should be back in business in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS