Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I am currently working on a very challenging portrait and needed to break away for a spell :confused_

The design is mine based on a piece of clip art. The walnut came from a dumpster. The middle layer is the gum from the pallet....both joined, resawn and planed by lil' ol' rookie me :embaresse and the background is spalted maple from Jeff, resawn by Travis Porter

clipper.jpg

9 x 11 FDUR #3 blade . BLO and deft. Got about 4 hours total cutting and actual finishing time , about an hour for the pattern

thanx for lookin' :mrgreen:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Awesome, Big Guy! I can almost smell the sea!

:wsmile::eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
thats sweet big boy!:icon_thum give a shout when ur ready to put up the mantle. I'll let you do the pics!:rotflm:

fred

Glennbear

Glenn
Once again awesome Robert, If that portrait you are working on is a challenge for you, I cannot fathom how hard it would be for us rookies to attempt. :rotflm:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, Robert! If you consider yourself "lil' ol' rookie " I'm in deep trouble. I'll never get that good. You are a master, sir.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Excellent choice of woods and the design is awesome! Never seen a piece with so much depth.:cool: Oh and the frame really presents the piece very well!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Great work (once again), Robert!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Rookie?:dontknow::icon_scra:wconfused: I don't think so, That is awesome!

sawduster

New User
Robert
thanx for the kind words and encouragement everyone :icon_thum

By rookie I mean rookie in the join, re saw and plane dept :embaresse I've messed up some wood :BangHead: but I'm getting better :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS