Latest Plaque

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Just got this finished Thursday night and shipped out to Arizona Friday. It was ordered as a 80th Birthday present for someone who likes rabbits and hopefully she'll like it.

As usual for me it's pretty simple, just 1/2" BB left over from another project, woodburning and WB stains/poly. It has a keyhole slot for hanging as well as a hole and dowel for sitting on a table if desired.

DSCF5372.JPG

View image in gallery

Thanks for looking,
Brian.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome Brian, I love your (and your wife's ) work. Audrey will be jealous about this one.

Dave:)

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Cool looking plaque.I got the keyhole slot but how do you use a dowel for sitting on a table.Tony

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Thanks guys.

Tony, I just use the 3/8" keyhole bit to make a hole in the bottom center and insert a 3" length of 3/8" dowel. The plaque will stand up with a slight lean for balance. Here's a pic of the back showing the dowel hole. It just takes a little trial and error to figure out how far up to drill the hole for optimal balance. If it's too low it'll fall forward too easily, too high and it doesn't look right due to too much angle. The 1st pic in the original post is with the dowel inserted.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS