Larger Blade Support for Worksharp WS3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Though I don't have one, I emailed Worksharp with an improvement suggestion that would definitely make me buy one ... and that was to support a wider blade in the pre-fixed angles where the chisel goes ...

This was the response ...

#####################
Your request is a common one and therefore we are in development of an accessory that will retro-fit the Work Sharp WS3000.
This accessory will accommodate flat blades up to 3” wide. Look for this new accessory late this fall at Rockler and Woodcraft!
#####################

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks Jeremy. Now I'm out another $29.95 or so :)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Thanks Jeremy. Now I'm out another $29.95 or so :)

If you're lucky it will only be $29.95:lol:. At least they are going to retrofit, I figured that they were going to make a Worksharp 3001 and everyone with the 3000 would be scr3wed.

Jimmy:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nah, I'm still glad I got it. It makes sharpening sooooo much easier. I'm pretty sure some of the accessories like the glass wheels, abrasives etc. will come down in price once the initial market has been filled.

Glennbear

Glenn
Nah, I'm still glad I got it. It makes sharpening sooooo much easier. I'm pretty sure some of the accessories like the glass wheels, abrasives etc. will come down in price once the initial market has been filled.

:eek: Why am I getting a feeling of deja vu here ? " Just buy this Pentium PC and as processors are upgraded you can swap out the motherboard for a few bucks more"

Glenn (until recently owner of a Maganovox Oddesey Game console (think Pong) :rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
:eek: Why am I getting a feeling of deja vu here ? " Just buy this Pentium PC and as processors are upgraded you can swap out the motherboard for a few bucks more"
Glenn, you have a good point. But, if the evolution of sharpening machines is even 1% of the evolution of computers, then I'll happy fork over the money. Because in two years, there will be a machine that looks like a small microwave. You put your chisel in, close the door, enter the angle on the digital keypad. Press the button...hummm..whrrrr.......ding! Done!

:drunken_s:drunken_s

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

Yeah, $20 is outrageous for a little glass disk!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS