Klingspore Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Milissa. I think the days of great show prices are probably over. I took advantage of them when I could over the years but haven't really seen much the last couple. There were a few good deals but, to me, it's mostly like a big woodworking meeting. I enjoy meeting and talking to other woodworkers. The "great" prices are those I can occasionally find online, and online shopping has changed everything relating to pricing. For example, they were selling the Bosch 12" miter saw for $724 and Amazon has it for $695 with free shipping.

I totally understand this quote and yes even I held off buying something so I could use a gift card at another vendor.... it was something I have been wanting and not something I learned about from a vendor.... It was more of an opportunity to see the item in person... One of my favorite radio hosts would say this action of seeing something in a store and buying from a online vendor is wrong and yea I agree but it is hard not too cause we do not have a unlimited amount of money and it is hard to just get buy nowdays

but with that said

The problem for the show is that it is financed by a store and that store has costs associated with running the show and does not charge us to attend so you have to keep that in mind in terms of prices.... I thought prices were a little less overall then in their store but they are not having the show to DUMP PRODUCT.... other then sandpaper maybe and I did walk out with my 30#s of sandpaper so they did get money out of me that they might not have otherwise.... the point is the show is free they have costs associated with running it and I am not sure how much new business it is getting them if it is giving their current customers two days to hang out with each other for free....

maybe they should charge addmission not sure how much that would hurt attendence.... maybe they should just charge for classes during the weekend taught by professionals that we want to learn from

anyway I am thankful at this time that they do they show and I am not sure I got enough out of it this time to justify me going but I did do my best to support and will try to help out more in our booth next year to try to make the event better... if it is a show for us woodworkers then we have the obligation to help them make the show better for all of us

justholler

New User
Richard
I'll give a plug for Tom Monahan at the General Finishes booth. Very knowledgable, I felt like I made a friend, and obviously the product is very good. I haven't used the product but I explained my frustration with a lot of things I've tried and he really wanted to help. Guaranteed, I will buy from General when I figure out what color I like.
thank you Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS