Klingspore Grand Opening - Asheville (Fletcher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsincnj

New User
Mike Miller
2015-02-28_14_10_491.jpg
Lot's of good pictures out there now. I guess Hank never showed up as I didn't see a single picture of him there.

Attachments

• 2015-02-28_14_10_491.jpg
    2015-02-28_14_10_491.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 113

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have also posted some pictures to the Outreach Gallery and also to an Album in my Gallery with several pictures from the event yesterday. Here is one that stands out, CaptnA (Andy Henderson) poses with Coleman Fourshee after winning the Grand Prize gift certificate late Saturday afternoon. Congratulations, Andy!

IMG_1968.JPG

Congrats Andy...What you buying?

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
What a good day it was in the tent with NCWW, the WNCWW group, and the Chesspy demos. At times you could not walk there were so many people in the tent. There were some slower moments but the flow of people was amazing through most of the day.
Early was NOT the time to walk through the store. You simply could not! When they did each of the three drawings everything came to a standstill. I hope this is a precursor of great things to come for Klingspor in the area! I figured there would be a fair showing, but never would have guessed the volume. It certainly shows the area appreciates Klingspor stepping in to fill a need.
The weather cooperated pretty well. It was not miserable cold and I heard no complaints from anyone. The large heated tent was great and many soon shed their coats after stepping in.
I was stunned when Coleman called my name for a gift card. I was the 8th or 9th name he called I think. You had to be present to win and a lot of people had already left. Exactly what I will take home from there I can't say yet. Klingspor carries almost everything/anything one might want for woodworking! Many thanks to Coleman and everyone at Klingspor! And thank you all for your kind words!
Always good to see members near and far and put faces to names. Outstanding demonstrations and chances for the public to get their hands on some made for a win-win. The only thing I did not see a lot of were young people. Thank you to all the NCWWers that participated, and those who busted their tails getting the trailer there! Sorry it didn't work out for more of our "down-east-" members to make it. It was a great event and many in the area saw a glimpse of several woodworking groups, especially the best on-line based woodworking community on the internet!

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I too want to offer congratulations to Andy, Capt. A. Andy has given much of himself to his community, and to NCWW. It was a good feeling seeing one of our own win the grand prize.
As Andy said, the turnout was over the top.
I apologize for a poor demo, cutting reindeer free hand. Due to a bunch of health problems in the immediate past, I awoke Sat. A.M. feeling exhausted, and experienced a lot of pain all day. I reckon my salad days are past, but I'll still try to help where I can. And thank you to those of you who were patient with me, and allowed me to further explain the Burial Urns For Veterans project. It is coming together, one piece at a time.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I had a great day there. Working in a heated tent was a very different experience, but it all turned out well. The generator noise made it difficult for everyone to ask questions, but it didn't seem to dampen their interest in our woodworking.

I made about 20 reindeer (lost count) and I gave them all away in addition to the 3 that I had brought with me. Bruce (Sawman101) was also interested in making the reindeer, so I gave him some of my pre-prepped blanks so that he could also make some reindeer. I think he also gave his away. In the pictures I can see that Hank also tried making a reindeer. How did it turn out Hank? You didn't bring it by to show it to me. I made 91 of these little reindeer before and just after this past Christmas. I gave one to anyone who helped me during the Christmas Season (waitress, nurse, salesperson, cashier, etc. or to any young children that I met (with the parent's permission). I've done this for 4 years now (but each year I make more) and I'll be making even more Reindeer before next Christmas.

I found it difficult to concentrate on cutting out the reindeer or carving while so many were asking me questions, but I had a lot of fun trying to answer them. I love to see the faces on the people when I give each of the completed reindeer away. I also enjoy combining my scroll saw work with my power carving to make unusual projects like the Cross that I had on display. I couldn't believe how many people were interested in my carvings, especially the Cross. My scroll saw dragon clock and the Christmas Tree Ornaments also seem to have received a lot of interest.

Thank you Hank and Coleman for inviting me.

Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS