Klingspor Green Wood Sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
I have a bunch of green turning blanks that I need to cut and seal. Does anyone have any experience with Klingspor's Green Wood Sealer? Is it as good Anchorseal? I have been using old latex paint and have noticed some checking from the blanks painted with latex and want to try something made for this purpose.
Thanks!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Sam, thanks for posting this question. I saw the Klingspor Wood Sealer in a catalog I recently received and want to know how effective it is.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If that is what I bought it is not a sealer. It replaces the natural moisture in the wood. I think the chemical is pentacryl.

Pentacryl is a revolutionary new product that combats the negative effects of drying by displacing water and moisture in the wood fibers. Your wood will dry quicker and more evenly, and the Pentacryl residue even lubricates your tools as you work. This non-toxic solution doesn't stain the wood

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Good morning,

We sell both the Pentacryl which is exactly what Mike described and we also sell Green Wood Sealer (Anchorseal) and it works to keep cracking to a minimum by sealing the ends of the wood and keeping moisture in!

Both have their place in preserving wood.

Coleman

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I was not aware of the green anchor seal.

That would be great for bowl blanks that you want to dry slowly over a few years.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
If that is what I bought it is not a sealer. It replaces the natural moisture in the wood. I think the chemical is pentacryl.

Pentacryl is a revolutionary new product that combats the negative effects of drying by displacing water and moisture in the wood fibers. Your wood will dry quicker and more evenly, and the Pentacryl residue even lubricates your tools as you work. This non-toxic solution doesn't stain the wood

Mike (or Coleman),
Is pentacryl food safe?

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I have a bunch of green turning blanks that I need to cut and seal. Does anyone have any experience with Klingspor's Green Wood Sealer? Is it as good Anchorseal? I have been using old latex paint and have noticed some checking from the blanks painted with latex and want to try something made for this purpose.
Thanks!
Quoting in the hopes of dragging the thread back on-topic ;-)

I've used the Klingspor Green Wood Sealer. It is MUCH better than latex paint for the purpose. Haven't made a comparison to Anchorseal, so no help there.

-Mark

Sam Knight

Sam Knight
Sam
Corporate Member
Bought some a few weeks ago to try. Easier to apply than latex paint. Goes on kinda milky looking and dries sorta clear. I like it so far! Thanks for all the replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Quoting in the hopes of dragging the thread back on-topic ;-)

How did it venture "off topic" in your opinion? :dontknow:

1. Anchor Seal paraffin wax vs latex paint vs other products to seal the wood?

2. The OP asked about specific products by brand, but they're all related in their function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors