Kings's crosses & Das Reifendrehen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
In a series of videos, I show how to make three important chess set kings's crosses, and also introduce the topic of Das Reifendrehen. Das Reifendrehen is an active area of research for us (just as antique woodwinds are) and so expect more on these topics in future...as well as chess sets, old and new.

Also, do note that I donned a hardhat again and worked on a job site just this week! I was hot and I was tired and I am not a young man anymore, but see the pic for yourself. It is on the main CHESSSPY webpage, down a bit on the page.

www.CHESSSPY.com

Cheers!

Alan

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Interesting. Thanks.

(The bandsaw scene was terrifying, btw. You need a safer way to do that. :eek:)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I see you're headed to New Orleans. Having lived there a couple of years, let me recommend Felix's Oyster Bar and Restaurant in the Quarter, not fancy but good food at a decent price. The Red Beans and Rice or Fried Shrimp are my favorites. And be sure to visit Pascal's Manale Restaurant on Napoleon just off St. Charles and get the BBQ Shrimp. They serve them with a bib. You have to shell them yourself and they are fist sized shrimp.

http://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/pascalsmanale/

Delicious, but I digress. We now return you to your regularly scheduled woodworking channel.

- Ken.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Alan, your video on Das Reifendrehen was very interesting. Have you tried that for knights yet? I guess it would be overkill unless you were mass producing chess sets, but interesting none the less.

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
Hi Dave,
Milissa says she will not post a vid of me cutting my fingers off, however point taken, DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME CHILDREN...
I for my part, having run the blade into my fingers or thumbs:wconfused: upon occasion, assure you that I stop when it reaches bone

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
Hi Jim,
I got interested in reifendrehen turning a long time ago when I realised that carving 4 knights put a lot of folks off making a chess set for themselves, and yes it would be a good idea if one were producing several sets.
We will get to it sometime I'm sure.

CHESSSPY

New User
Alan
I see you're headed to New Orleans. Having lived there a couple of years, let me recommend Felix's Oyster Bar and Restaurant in the Quarter, not fancy but good food at a decent price. The Red Beans and Rice or Fried Shrimp are my favorites. And be sure to visit Pascal's Manale Restaurant on Napoleon just off St. Charles and get the BBQ Shrimp. They serve them with a bib. You have to shell them yourself and they are fist sized shrimp.

http://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/pascalsmanale/

Delicious, but I digress. We now return you to your regularly scheduled woodworking channel.

- Ken.

Back from New Orleans, absolutely exhausted! We took Leo and Aurora to Felix's and had a grand time: thank you for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS