Kickoff Meeting, Western NC Woodworkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Thanks, Steve. I did notice it along with the disappearance of stars and such, and we do appreciate it! We are getting more and more people responding to this thread and to the e-mail that I sent out to over 130 names (about 3 hours work getting the addresses from AdminCP). I sent out the email on Friday from my personal e-mail account and sent them as blinds so everyone's e-mail address remained hidden (privacy is important vs. spam). We are looking forward to the meeting on the 6th of May and will post a report soon thereafter.

We appreciate your support!

Rob
SteveColes said:
Rob, did you notice that WNCWW is now on everyones posts that are in the usergroup? what do you and Steve D think

M

McRabbet

Bump

I've gotten more than a dozen positive responses for the first meeting -- come on folks, we'd like more to attend -- it should be fun and informative! If you didn't get the e-mail, just send me a PM and let me know you'll attend. Thanks.

Rob

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
McRabbet said:
Thanks, Steve. I did notice it along with the disappearance of stars and such, and we do appreciate it! We are getting more and more people responding to this thread and to the e-mail that I sent out to over 130 names (about 3 hours work getting the addresses from AdminCP). I sent out the email on Friday from my personal e-mail account and sent them as blinds so everyone's e-mail address remained hidden (privacy is important vs. spam). We are looking forward to the meeting on the 6th of May and will post a report soon thereafter.

We appreciate your support!

Rob
how did you decide who you want to send the emails to? zip county, ?

M

McRabbet

Steve,

I used the NC County Map and wrote down every county west of a line north through Charlotte. Then I did an Advanced Member Search by County and wrote down all of the user names. Step three was using AdminCP to get everyones actually e-mail address. I then built an WNC Woodworker group address folder in my Outlook Express Address list and sent out an announcement to about 130 names, sending them to that folder group as "bcc" recipients to insure no e-mail addresses were revealed to recipients (to safeguard their privacy). My address was the only one revealed. While that little process took about 3-4 hours of work, it went flawlessly (2-3 returned e-mails due to my typographic errors or bad e-mail addresses in the site database).

We've got 15 coming so far and I'll send out another reminder tonight or tomorrow.

Rob

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
McRabbet said:
Steve,

I used the NC County Map and wrote down every county west of a line north through Charlotte. Then I did an Advanced Member Search by County and wrote down all of the user names. Step three was using AdminCP to get everyones actually e-mail address. I then built an WNC Woodworker group address folder in my Outlook Express Address list and sent out an announcement to about 130 names, sending them to that folder group as "bcc" recipients to insure no e-mail addresses were revealed to recipients (to safeguard their privacy). My address was the only one revealed. While that little process took about 3-4 hours of work, it went flawlessly (2-3 returned e-mails due to my typographic errors or bad e-mail addresses in the site database).

We've got 15 coming so far and I'll send out another reminder tonight or tomorrow.

Rob
Nice job,:icon_thum

M

McRabbet

Final Notice:

Hello fellow western North Carolina Woodworkers!

Some of you may have seen the thread on the North Carolina Woodworkers website announcing our first meeting (http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/whats.going/member.announcements/2652-kickoff.meeting.western.nc.woodworkers.html), but in case you didn't, here is the key information you missed:

The first meeting of the Western NC Woodworkers will be held on Saturday, May 6th from 1:00 to 3:00 PM at the Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just north of the US 70 access point in eastern Asheville. We will meet in the Conference Room behind the main Gift Shop -- check in with one of the cashiers there and they will guide you to the Conference Room.

We will spend a little time at the onset of the meeting on the basic organization business, select some officers and have people sign up. Then, we will spent 1-1/2 hours with a program by Randy Osborne (Ozzie-x) and Steve Deweese (Steve D) on the proper care and sharpening of select hand tools. In the next week, I will be sending out an email invitation with driving directions to all North Carolina Woodworker members from western third of the state, to be sure everyone within an hour or so can make it to our inaugural meeting.

Hope to see lots of people there!

Rob (aka McRabbet)

Please send me a PM or e-mail if you plan to attend -- we want to be sure there are enough chairs to go around and materials to distribute. And, we might even bring some refreshments! The Folk Art Center is easy to find -- take Exit 55 from I-40 and follow the Brown signs to get to US 70 and then to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Center is a short distance north on the Parkway.

Robert (Rob) Payne
McRabbet Woodworks
70 Hounds Chase Drive
Hendersonville, NC 28791
rrpayne@bellsouth.net
Phone: 828-692-1426
Cell: 828-606-9269

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS