Keeping Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Also did one of these in Cherry (stacked it with the maple)

On this one, the humidity got to the one with knots in it and cracked it in a couple places. I still think I can save it:

Lastly, more of the first, except for the young male gender.

All are Tom Zieg patterns

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Fine work Greg. :thumbs_up When do you find time to sleep? :gar-Bi

Hook

New User
Gregory
Fine work Greg. :thumbs_up When do you find time to sleep? :gar-Bi

Seriously, those didn't take long. I've been able to get a number of other things done as well, like prepare for Tropical Storm Hanna (okay, better to be prepared for a little wind and rain than not prepare at all and be taken by surprise), watched a movie with the mrs, cut and assembled some frames for some of the silhouettes I did last month, some ornaments and puzzles (no pics posted here out of respect for the person, here, who sent me the patterns), a number of intarsia pieces are cut, waiting for sanding and assembly, racked 5 gallons of wine and bottled a little bit (3 bottles), watched the Jets squeak out a win over the 'fins while watching for Bills highlights, mowed the lawn and set up the next several cuttings for this week, oh, and a couple more things cut and set aside for inventory that I didn't take pics of because I've either done them before or I forgot to take a picture of the one I didn't do before (I'll have to remember to do that).

As an aside, one of my neighbors now owns a frame shop in Butner (shameless plug for my neighbor - right on Rte 56 next to a barber shop that's behind a Valero gas station) where he's willing to show off the pieces and sell some of them. So, in order to give proper credit, should I put the name of the pattern maker on the back of the piece along with my name as the guy who did the cutting? Not sure of the proper etiquette since I've rarely sold anything like this. Same thing with the church show coming up. The frame shop used to be owned by one of our church members but he went to SE Asia to be a missionary and needed to sell the shop. My neighbor asked me to spread the word that the shop exists.

I still have a lot to do to prepare for the upcoming show at the church. To borrow Robert's line, my wife has become the "Shoppe Widow" but she doesn't seem to mind, for now.

Now, would you mind passing the coffee pot please? :gar-La;

sawduster

New User
Robert
Good work man ....dang , you are almost as busy as me :gar-La;

I sign ( initial ) all of my portraits on the front and I have a label I made on my computer " Hand crafted in Youngsville NC ....etc" that I add as well to the back
For " dust collectors " I use the label if it will fit on the back or bottom and will initial and date if there is room . On ornaments I will sometimes make a very small initial somewhere but only if it is my own design
If the pattern was designed for you or shared by the designer personally I think it is a nice gesture to give them credit on a piece . If it came from a standard pattern book I do not worry so much about it
I am working on an " information label " for the back of my portraits with the title of the piece, the type of wood and the designer along with my sig

I would be interested in other's opinions on this as well

Great work bro :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS