Just Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

SawDustier

New User
Update your profile with your name
This is probably a dumb question but here goes anyway. Does anyone know anything about Huntersville Hardwoods? Is it strictly for large wholesalers? I drove past the place a Sunday or two ago so looked them up on the web but didn't find out much. It looks to be all wholesale but one never knows:-D

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Looks like it's a HUGE wholesale operation.

http://www.hardwoodweb.com/lumber/hhi.cfm

Huntersville Hardwoods, Inc.

Huntersville Hardwoods, Incorporated is a concentration drying yard located in the heart of the North Carolina furniture belt. We offer a diverse inventory of more than 25 species of premium hardwood lumber. Our facility includes a state-of-the-art sorting line, three high-speed planers and more than 480,000 board-feet of kiln capacity. We take extra care during the drying process to maximize lumber quality. All premium hardwoods are air-dried under sheds and equalized and conditioned. Our quality creates its own demand.

11701 McCord Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
800 248-4393
(ph) 704-875-6587
(fax) 704-875-6657
hhi@hardwoodweb.com

b4man

New User
Barbara
Well here may be a really dumb question. ( your's wasn't)
What are the chances that we could approach them and request privileges for purchasing via NCWW's?

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
b4man said:
Well here may be a really dumb question. ( your's wasn't)
What are the chances that we could approach them and request privileges for purchasing via North Carolina Woodworker's?

Hmmm.....That sounds like a great idea Barbara. Maybe we could sell the idea to them based on the number of members we have. If they are still hesitant to deal with us maybe we could ask them about putting a large order together among several members and purchase from them that way. Just a thought.

D L

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Huntersville Hardwoods requires a 3000 bd ft. minimum. I only live about a couple miles from there. I even know a couple guys who work for them, and the same goes for their employees. I would say the chances are slim to none for them to deal with individuals, we would have to work out a group purchase of large quantity to buy from them.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
they buy green from local/out of state sawyers and kiln dry the material then resell in volume only. I dont believe they are affiliated with Charlotte Hardwoods group. You would still have to pay NC sales tax unless you are a real business.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
brent innc said:
Aren't they a sister company along with Charlotte Hardwoods or have they gone their separate ways?

I have bought directly from Huntersville in the past----however as time goes on policies change. Even though I am a legitimate business I do not use large quantities of material. I think at one time the minimum was 500 bd. ft. I have had very few occasions when I needed that much at one time.

Charlotte Hardwoods was considered their retail outlet at one time but as quick as things change in todays market I don't know if that is still true.:eusa_thin

Quality of material from Huntersville was always consistent with grade when I worked for the millwork company and was responsible for receiving materials for the moulding operation. If enough people want the same specie----you may be able to swing an order.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS