Jon Danforth in Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdanforth

New User
Jon
Hello there. I've been woodworking for a few years. At first it was by necessity but then it became a passion. I particularly enjoy making boxes but I make all kinds of stuff. The thing that brought me into woodworking is my other hobby, making daguerreotype photographs.

Since my 19th century photography requires all kinds of weird tools and accessories I quickly discovered that I need to make pretty much everything I need.

You can find out about all the other things I do including organizing Maker Faire: North Carolina, making daguerreotypes, Crestron programming, and more on my website: www.jonathandanforth.com.

Jon

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Jon. Lots to look at on here, for inspiration, and a merry crew to help with ideas to share.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Welcome Jon, you have some interesting stuff on your website. I like photography but couldn't quite grok your process.
PS: why the need for QS Walnut? I see rift sawn for legs but haven't seen much QS walnut furniture.
Salem

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
Good to see you've found us here, Jon! It's been quote a while since I've been to TechShop... at least 6-7 months. Glad to see more TSRDUers joining NCWW.

To those who may have missed this on Jon's site, you have to take a look at The Danforth Standard Digitrola. Jon has done so really innovative work, but I LOVE this. Truly a masterpiece (IMO) of melding traditional (a Victrola) with modern technology (it's an MP3 player!!).

(For those who need immediate gratification, here's a video of it in action. :D

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Howdy there,there's a bunch of fine folks around here so jump in,you got some fine looking stuff on your site too.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors