Jet table saw add ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

New User
Dave
Anyone have any experience with adding a 'over the table' guard arm and splitter to a JPS-10? I've only had my saw a few days, but I am already starting to dislike to stock guard/splitter. I am hoping to find an option that does not cost almost as much as the saw did or doesn't require too much modification.

Found on article online from a guy that put a Delta Uniguard on his Jet cabinet saw, but not sure I want to modify the saw that much.

Thanks!

Dave

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have the MicroJig (MJ) splitter, which works great. You have to make your own zero clearance inserts (ZCI) to use this splitter, I made a bunch of them out of MDF. Really easy. The best thing about this splitter is that you can install/ remove it in 2 seconds. So I ALWAYS use it. The only downside is that I have no guard. I've been thinking about getting the Excalibur guard, but it's expensive. A cheaper alternative is the TSGuard from PSI, which can be ceiling mounted. The third option is to create something that's mounted on the fence. Shopnotes had something like that a few issues ago. I'm liking that idea more and more.

And yes, I agree, the stock splitter/ guard that comes with the JPS-10 is terrible.

dave

New User
Dave
Thanks guys!

I saw the Excalibur and thought "nice", then I saw the price and thought "yikes!". :gar-Bi

I'll look into the microjig splitter though.

Dave

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I am in the process of putting the ceiling mount excalibur up right now. I stopped for lunch. I should be done it about 1-2 hours and i will take pictures of it. I have a jet but it has the riving knife .

dave

New User
Dave
Are you guys trying to push me towards getting the excalibur?? :gar-La;

I'll just have you explain to my wife why I need it!!

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Got it installed this morning. Seems to work good. I am going to find some sqaure stock to slip over the Alluminum I used and make it where i can remove it .

For now it looks like it will raise up high enough to not be in the way.

DSC00935.JPG

DSC00934.JPG

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Got it installed this morning. Seems to work good. I am going to find some sqaure stock to slip over the Alluminum I used and make it where i can remove it .

For now it looks like it will raise up high enough to not be in the way.

Looks good. Where did you buy it?

Travis

nicemac

New User
Kevin
Got a Shark Guard with the 4 inch port on Saturday (took 6 weeks to-the-day for delivery) Works as advertised. After ripping (5) 8', 6/4" Maple boards 14" wide down to 3-1/4" strips, I only had a few flecks of sawdust on my tabletop.

The anti kick-back pawls aren't much use as they are not spring-loaded, but a quick email to Lee triggered a quick response that he would look into it and see if he could resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors