It pays to read the signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroupe

New User
Larry
Went to Sears with the wife Sunday (10/04/09) to look at washer and dryers. when we finished
She went clothing and i headed for tools. The first thing i looked at was a Work Sharp wood working tool sharpener, $199.99. (out of my price range for luxury items) I got to reading the sign they had on it. "YOUR CHOICE WORK SHARP TOOL SHARPENER 19.99 (YOU SAVE $180.00) or PURCHASE AT THE REGULAR PRICE of $199.99 and get a free stand" I purchased the WORK SHARP 3000 FOR $19.99 and saved $180.00. Sears had to seal it to me at $19.99, seeing that had a sign on it for that price.

This is a link to the sharpener. http://www.worksharptools.com/product.asp?specific=137

You may want to check your local Sears store. They may have made the same mistake.:gar-Bi

RayH

New User
Ray
I stopped by the Sears at Crabtree Mall yesterday. Their display did not have a price tag on it. When I inquired the sales guy checked the register and said it had something like a $10 off price ($189). With the Craftsman Club 10% off that it came to about $183 with tax. I wonder if the system got confused with the "amount off" and the "sale price". Somebody in IT may be looking for a job.

Yes, I am envious of you guys who got the deals :BangHead: but congratulations :eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1 just wish it could have been me.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS