It never fails (oh, and a deal on a rikon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Whenever I've got my eye on a new tool for the shop, I usually give it 4-6 weeks to see if something will come up on craigslist before I buy new. I mostly end up buying new, and within a couple weeks the item I was looking for comes up at a good deal.

Case in point; just bought this Rikon new last weekend. Here's a deal on what should be a nearly new one:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1106689827.html

If anyone wants a deal on a cyclone dust collector, just wait until the week after I buy a new one - due to the physical laws of the universe, one will shot up on craigslst right around that timeframe :rotflm:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Whenever I've got my eye on a new tool for the shop, I usually give it 4-6 weeks to see if something will come up on craigslist before I buy new. I mostly end up buying new, and within a couple weeks the item I was looking for comes up at a good deal.

Case in point; just bought this Rikon new last weekend. Here's a deal on what should be a nearly new one:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1106689827.html

If anyone wants a deal on a cyclone dust collector, just wait until the week after I buy a new one - due to the physical laws of the universe, one will shot up on craigslst right around that timeframe :rotflm:

Somewhere in this message, I believe is a new tool gloat!
So looking at glass half full, COnGRaTS.

I have that BS and I love it, I believe you will too! BTW. Dont underestimate the value/power of the warranty! Bought me alot of peace of mind!:icon_thum

I hope this helps ease the pain!

BTW, I usually wait 6-9 weeks! LOL

Matt

Last edited:

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Heh, thanks Matt. I am pretty happy with the bandsaw; still learning to use it though.

BTW, I usually wait 6-9 weeks! LOL

See, you've got the necessary and sufficient clauses mixed up here. From my observations, the timeframe is irrelevant; the act of me buying the tool new is necessary for that tool to come up used on CL.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Heh, thanks Matt. I am pretty happy with the bandsaw; still learning to use it though.

See, you've got the necessary and sufficient clauses mixed up here. From my observations, the timeframe is irrelevant; the act of me buying the tool new is necessary for that tool to come up used on CL.

Your probably right, can't escape it!

Oh, BTW, the only issue(s) I've had with BS is the poly belt gets stretched out and you have to monitor belt tension until it settles in. Also the hex bolt that holds the lower wheel came/shook loose, had to re-tighten. As a new BS owner it bothered me at bit, but is not unusual with most things that vibrate/spin, etc.....

Congrats Again!
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS