Installing Wixey fence digital readout to unisaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
I recently purchqased the Wixey fence digital readout attachment for my delta unisaw with 52 inch unifence. all went well until the part where the universal mounting bracket is to be attached. There is no place on the unifence medchanism where I can attacdh the -plate withpout interfering with the function of the fence. Is there anyone out there who has the Wixey on a unisaw and, if so, how did u attach the bracket? Greatly appreciate any help. If unsolvable, I will have to return it to Rockler. Thanks to one and all. Afraid I mighbt have bought a pig in a poke.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I put one on my Unifence several years ago when Wixey first offered them.

I bought some 1/2 X 1/2" square tubing from Lowes and cut it into approx. 3" lengths to use as spacer/mounting brackets. These were mounted about 16" apart along the under side of the Unifence rail and then the Wixey rail extrusions were bolted to the under side of these in an upside down orientation. The coding strips were then attached right side up "after" the rails were in place. A short piece of the steel strap that is provided for magnetically attaching the readout to the fence was then attached to each side of the Unifence casting so that it could touch the magnets in the Wixey readout.

I'm not near my workshop at this time but I can provide dimensions and maybe a picture or two as soon as I can get back there.

Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS